First of all: The Lonely Planet review of the place is a bad joke. We paid 45$ for a "Ocean View" room - the ocean is an almost dried up laguna during low tide (stil inappropriate for swimming during high tide). And there is an unpaved road literally right in front of the room, on which cars, trucks, motorcycles and ATVs rattle past and wake you up before 5am.
One can see that the rooms must have been nice at some point, with some nice decorations and hardwood floors, but apparently, no one has been taking care of them since: The floor has holes (that are dangerous when walking in the dark), the curtain rod is bent strangely, the toilet flush breaks at the lightest touch...
+ room & bedsheets are reasonably clean
+ hot water
- WiFi is only available in about a 4 foot radius from the bar
- the floor wood gives of a strange smell, so there is an electric air freshener in permanent use - if you're sensitive to this kind of stuff, it will give you a headache.
- very loud place: noises from the street (see above), the restaurant, other rooms are heard permanently
- Also Known As:
- Palms Hotel Puerto Jimenez
- The Palms Hotel Costa Rica/Puerto Jimenez