National Geographic dubbed the Osa Peninsula the "most biologically intense place on earth," and Casa Corcovado lies right in the midst of this paradise. Accessible only via the Sierpe River, Casa Corcovado is literally in Corcovado National Park. No other hotel on the peninsula can make this claim. The park is a brief walk away from the hotel, and luckily for us humans the wildlife cannot distinguish where the park begins and the hotel ends!
We saw pairs of Scarlet Macaws, Tucans, hummingbirds or all brilliant colors, gorgeous butterflies, howler monkeys, capuchin monkeys, spider monkeys, coati, and lizards all from the comfort of the hotel grounds. The day trip to Cano Island offered great snorkeling, I was fortunate enough to see a sea turtle and an eel amongst all the other fish. The hikes in the park were beautiful and our tour guides were highly informative and helpful. During free time we hiked the several trails around the hotel and relaxed at the pools. Sunsets at the margarita bar were spectacular as the sun set over the ocean. The food was delicious and the rest of the staff was great as well.
-Bring your own waterproof binoculars
-Bring an ultradry snorkel. The water was slightly choppy, so the other snorkelers were discouraged by seawater entering their snorkel.
-Do not bring cotton clothing. It will never dry. You will be infinitely more comfortable in fast drying, wicked, synthetic fabrics.
-Bring your own flashlight. The ones provided by the hotel weren't bright enough. I was very happy I had my own for nighttime bug watching!
-A camera will the highest zoom possible is also a great asset.
Enjoy! Pura Vida!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set above a palm-fringed beach in tropical gardens, and surrounded by 170 acres of pristine rainforest, Casa Corcovado is the ultimate combination of luxurious comfort and adventure - a place where you can spot big cats on jungle trails, have an entire beach to yourselves, snorkel with manta rays, and relax with a gin and tonic by the pool. The tranquil hilltop setting means awe-inspiring views and the best of the both ocean and rainforest breezes. The lovely bungalows are spaced throughout the lush garden for maximum peace and privacy. Casa Corcovado offers the closest accommodation to Corcovado National Park, the crown jewel of Costa Rica's extraordinary, world-renowned national park system. As the two protected areas lie side by side, guests are able to access the national park on foot via the hotel's private trails - just one of the many guided tours on offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Casa Corcovado Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Corcovado Jungle Hotel Corcovado National Park
- Hotel Casa Corcovado Jungle