Stayed 3 nights in a tastefully decorated bungalow. Food was very good but may become a little repetitive if a longer stay is planned. We did the jungle walk with Freddie who was an excellent guide and very knowledgable on the local wildlife. Even though we were the only English speakers in a group of 8 he took the time to explain in detail everything there was to see in the Corcovado national park. The picnic was delicious. In general mealtimes were set; dinner was at 7pm and we were always told in advance when we should arrive for breakfast. One day we were told we would be doing the trip to Cano Island which included snorkelling - as my husband can't swim we were less than keen. We stayed behind and had the hotel to ourselves as everyone else went on a trip or checked out. The hotel cooked lunch for us at a time which was convenient to us. We did walk both if the trails. On the rainforest trail we saw Spider monkeys and heard Howler monkeys. We thought we would end up leaving without seeing Cappucins but spotted these on our last day down by the Sunset viewing spot. We also saw Coatis as we walked along the beach and we were advised that dusk is a good time to see Wildlife from this point if the property. Our trip was perhaps only tainted by our high expectations that we would see wildlife around every corner and since many reviews on tiripadvisor give the impression that wildlife is so abundant in this part of Costa Rica that a monkey may run off with your sunglasses if your not looking I thought it was important to correct this perception. We stayed in Costa Rica for 12 days and nearly didn't see Cappucins at all (and it wasn't for won't of trying)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set above a palm-fringed beach in tropical gardens, and surrounded by 170 acres of pristine rainforest, Casa Corcovado is the ultimate combination of luxurious comfort and adventure - a place where you can spot big cats on jungle trails, have an entire beach to yourselves, snorkel with manta rays, and relax with a gin and tonic by the pool. The tranquil hilltop setting means awe-inspiring views and the best of the both ocean and rainforest breezes. The lovely bungalows are spaced throughout the lush garden for maximum peace and privacy. Casa Corcovado offers the closest accommodation to Corcovado National Park, the crown jewel of Costa Rica's extraordinary, world-renowned national park system. As the two protected areas lie side by side, guests are able to access the national park on foot via the hotel's private trails - just one of the many guided tours on offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Casa Corcovado Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Corcovado Jungle Hotel Corcovado National Park
- Hotel Casa Corcovado Jungle