Our trip to Costa Rica concluded with a 5 day stay in this very special place. The two hour journey by boat was exhilarating and started to prepare us for the 'away from it all' experience of this wonderful, authentic jungle holiday. No where that we have stayed previously has left us so relaxed and completely recharged our ' batteries'. We travelled on the boat with food and other supplies, alongside staff returning after their regular break at home. To be met by tractor for the long, steep climb from the beach and all our luggage transferred seem lesley to our bungalow set the tone for the unobtrusive, yet meticulous care we received. Every member of staff was welcoming, happy and eager to help us in any way possible. The food was excellent and taken in superb surroundings. Even our al fresco dining during walking trips into the jungle, prepared by our guides, was superb. Our bungalow was private and provided all we needed, including an unlimited supply if drinking water. Watching the magnificent sunsets from the bar before total darkness descended was thrilling. The sounds of the jungle every night as we fell asleep were magical and it was a privilege to feel part of this protected ecological environment. The guided walks, day and night, brought us in contact with many plants and animals that we would not have seen had we not stayed in Corcovado. Our hearts were sad as we boarded the boat to return to the hustle and bustle of life. There is nothing that could have improved upon and we will certainly include Corcovado in our next visit to Costa Rica, indeed a hidden gem.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set above a palm-fringed beach in tropical gardens, and surrounded by 170 acres of pristine rainforest, Casa Corcovado is the ultimate combination of luxurious comfort and adventure - a place where you can spot big cats on jungle trails, have an entire beach to yourselves, snorkel with manta rays, and relax with a gin and tonic by the pool. The tranquil hilltop setting means awe-inspiring views and the best of the both ocean and rainforest breezes. The lovely bungalows are spaced throughout the lush garden for maximum peace and privacy. Casa Corcovado offers the closest accommodation to Corcovado National Park, the crown jewel of Costa Rica's extraordinary, world-renowned national park system. As the two protected areas lie side by side, guests are able to access the national park on foot via the hotel's private trails - just one of the many guided tours on offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Casa Corcovado Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Corcovado Jungle Hotel Corcovado National Park
- Hotel Casa Corcovado Jungle