REVIEWER: Honeymooners from Seaford, DE
My wife and I spent our entire honeymoon at Casa Corcovado Jungle lodge and absolutely loved it. The accomodations are impressive and the service is top notch. Casa is beautifully landscaped and the spanish style architecture fits well with the jungle environment. Everyone at Casa is friendly and willing to listen to any of your concerns. For example, Louis, the manager, allowed my wife and I to deviate from the itinerary. Instead of going kayaking to San Josecito, we went on another hike into the national park. Also, since we were there for 7 days, we had extra days on our own. One day, we paid extra to go to Sirenna by boat with our awesome guide Danny. It was well worth the expense. I will elaborate when I talk about the abundance of wildlife.
The service at Casa is first rate and they go above and beyond expectations. There is plenty of food. In fact, too much despite that there are no snacks in between unless you want to pay. But it's cheap. Chicken sandwich is only 2 dollars ( and its great).
The wildlife at Corcovado NP is unbelievable. We saw all 4 species of monkey, tapir, paca, coati, agouti, macaw, toucan, bats, white lipped peccary, fer de lance, coral snake, crocodile and more. If you want to see wildlife and myriad birds this is the place to visit. We went in the rainy season and there were very few people in the park and at Casa. One night there were 4 people total at Casa including my wife and I.
One thing people dislike is that they insist you have to wear rubber boots, but you don't. Just tell them you don't want to wear them and that's all it takes. This is what we did, but found out that the boots are more comfortable than sandals after a while. Sand from the beach will grind your feet and cause blisters in your sandals. The trails are muddy too and there can be poisonous snakes sometimes. All in all, Casa is worth the money. This place is fully sustainable and environmentally consientious.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set above a palm-fringed beach in tropical gardens, and surrounded by 170 acres of pristine rainforest, Casa Corcovado is the ultimate combination of luxurious comfort and adventure - a place where you can spot big cats on jungle trails, have an entire beach to yourselves, snorkel with manta rays, and relax with a gin and tonic by the pool. The tranquil hilltop setting means awe-inspiring views and the best of the both ocean and rainforest breezes. The lovely bungalows are spaced throughout the lush garden for maximum peace and privacy. Casa Corcovado offers the closest accommodation to Corcovado National Park, the crown jewel of Costa Rica's extraordinary, world-renowned national park system. As the two protected areas lie side by side, guests are able to access the national park on foot via the hotel's private trails - just one of the many guided tours on offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Evoline ltd so you can book your Casa Corcovado Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Corcovado Jungle Hotel Corcovado National Park
- Hotel Casa Corcovado Jungle