This was the most amazing adventure. My husband and I were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary and wanted something special. I looked and researched and had lots of maybes, then I read a "National Geographic" article that boasted the Osa Peninsula the most biologically intense place on earth, Corcovado National Park specifically. So, I finally found an area that I was intent on going. I found Casa Corcovado here on Tripadvisor and was drawn by its location to Corcovado National Park as well as the promised adventure of just getting to the location. The small plane ride to Palmar Sur, transportation to the Hacienda and the ride down the Sierpe River to the Lodge itself. It was just as promised! Our Guide Cynthia met us at the airport and escorted us to the Lodge. The boat drivers are phenomenal! We had different ones, Roberto and Oscar who seem to know and read the sea so expertly. We arrived through the most beautiful blue waters crashing on the rocks to see the pristine beach at the Lodge, it was an awesome sight. The men who meet the boat are amazingly adept and like a well oiled machine get people and luggage from the boat and see you safely on your way up the hill in the tractor. As you go up the hill it starts to sink in that you are in the jungle, IN THE JUNGLE! For us the excitement was almost overwhelming! The views are breathtaking, the beautiful plants and flowers, the Scarlet Macaw's, Pelicans and Spider Monkeys overhead, it was unreal! We met with Tyson at the top of the hill. He is amazing! He keeps everyone and everything organized and goes out of his way and above and beyond. He made sure that our stay was over the top amazing. Next we went and had an amazing lunch with the kindest sweetest people I have ever met, Edward and Alonzo! I truly miss their smiling faces and bon a petit! The fresh juices are so good. The lunches and four course dinners are delicious. Then we were taken to our deluxe bungalow where our luggage had been deposited. It was perfect. The gardens were perfect. It was all perfect! I could literally go on and on for days about the scenery, the beautiful ocean, the clear blue waters, the whales, the dolphins, the snorkeling, the hiking in the rainforest, the monkeys, the tapir tracks the pizotes the cave, the bats and yes we saw snakes and hawks and giant toads, white ibis, army ants a sloth just amazing wildlife, but what makes me tear up as I write this are the friends that we made. As I mentioned, Edward, Alonzo and Tyson, so amazing! Our guide Cynthia I mentioned earlier, she was so special to us she is so knowledgeable and friendly and just has an amazing spirit that we connected with on a special level and I pray that I get to see her again! We had another guide Olman who took us horseback riding and snorkeling at San Josecito. The horses belong to Edwards Uncle Gregorio who was the nicest man. If you get the chance while you are there go horseback riding so that you can meet him. The ride and scenery are indescribable! The horses are so well trained to these trails you don’t need to know how to ride! Olman was a great guide and friend to us. He is very knowledgeable and he taught us so much! I pray that we will get to have a drink and tell stories together again! On the night before we left Olman, Tyson, Edward and Alonso surprised us with an anniversary cake and a bottle of wine. These people make this beautiful paradise a step above anything expected, thank you all so much. It has taken me some time to write this, I was torn between wanting to be selfish and keep this experience all to myself for fear that people will spoil this lovely place and wanting to tell everyone this is heaven on earth! I am saving already so we can make it there again someday and I hope that these amazing people are still around. We will have to make it to Claro Del Bosque to see the new organic gardens and go to the Sirena Park Station next time. I can hardly wait!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set above a palm-fringed beach in tropical gardens, and surrounded by 170 acres of pristine rainforest, Casa Corcovado is the ultimate combination of luxurious comfort and adventure - a place where you can spot big cats on jungle trails, have an entire beach to yourselves, snorkel with manta rays, and relax with a gin and tonic by the pool. The tranquil hilltop setting means awe-inspiring views and the best of the both ocean and rainforest breezes. The lovely bungalows are spaced throughout the lush garden for maximum peace and privacy. Casa Corcovado offers the closest accommodation to Corcovado National Park, the crown jewel of Costa Rica's extraordinary, world-renowned national park system. As the two protected areas lie side by side, guests are able to access the national park on foot via the hotel's private trails - just one of the many guided tours on offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Casa Corcovado Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Corcovado Jungle Hotel Corcovado National Park
- Hotel Casa Corcovado Jungle