As so many have said, this is a beautiful place and the adventure of getting there just adds to the fun. Casa Corcovado occupies an enviable spot on a cliff overlooking the ocean. The grounds are spectacular. The food and service were very good. I was worried that my grandson, a picky eater, would have problems finding something to his liking, but he loved every bit of it! The servers were very attentive and even remembered our preferences. We attended the 5-6pm "happy hour" gathering watching the sunset each night and even without margaritas, it is a fun time. Only suggestion would be dinner at 6:30 rather than 7. Not a lot to do between 6 and 7.
Our guide, Cynthia, was excellent and very accomodating to our needs. We saw monkeys, mccaws, and an alligator floating along carrying its prey. On a hike by ourselves on the property, we saw spider monkeys and very close up view of mccaws. The snorkeling trip to Cano was great-saw dolphins on our way there and a giant turtle! Snorkeling not as colorful as that I had done in Caribbean, but interesting nonetheless.
Would recommend CC to others with the caveat that they would be able to "enjoy" the trip getting there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set above a palm-fringed beach in tropical gardens, and surrounded by 170 acres of pristine rainforest, Casa Corcovado is the ultimate combination of luxurious comfort and adventure - a place where you can spot big cats on jungle trails, have an entire beach to yourselves, snorkel with manta rays, and relax with a gin and tonic by the pool. The tranquil hilltop setting means awe-inspiring views and the best of the both ocean and rainforest breezes. The lovely bungalows are spaced throughout the lush garden for maximum peace and privacy. Casa Corcovado offers the closest accommodation to Corcovado National Park, the crown jewel of Costa Rica's extraordinary, world-renowned national park system. As the two protected areas lie side by side, guests are able to access the national park on foot via the hotel's private trails - just one of the many guided tours on offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Casa Corcovado Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Corcovado Jungle Hotel Corcovado National Park
- Hotel Casa Corcovado Jungle