Stayed last November for 3 nights and can endorse previous reviews which rated location, rooms and cleanliness as 5*: it is a fantastic place and the service was great when we stayed. The dawn chorus of howler monkeys was awesome. The ‘all day’ trip to Cano island was a rip-off – advertised as:
“Our guide will take us to an excellent spot for snorkeling, called the ‘Coral Garden’, and then reach a secluded beach sheltered by coconut palms. There will be time to hike up to the interior of the island or to stay awhile at the magnificent viewpoint”.
We saw a pod of dolphins en-route which was great! However we snorkeled on some bare rocks close to the Ranger station – not a Coral Garden and scarce on wildlife - for an hour. Then 30 mins on the beach and no option to hike up to the interior of the island. We were back at Casa Corcovado by 12:30 and provided with a mediocre picnic lunch. Our guide suggested a night hike but, at 25USD per person, there were no takers!
It is a stunning location and was a great place to end our trip to Costa Rica.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Set above a palm-fringed beach in tropical gardens, and surrounded by 170 acres of pristine rainforest, Casa Corcovado is the ultimate combination of luxurious comfort and adventure - a place where you can spot big cats on jungle trails, have an entire beach to yourselves, snorkel with manta rays, and relax with a gin and tonic by the pool. The tranquil hilltop setting means awe-inspiring views and the best of the both ocean and rainforest breezes. The lovely bungalows are spaced throughout the lush garden for maximum peace and privacy. Casa Corcovado offers the closest accommodation to Corcovado National Park, the crown jewel of Costa Rica's extraordinary, world-renowned national park system. As the two protected areas lie side by side, guests are able to access the national park on foot via the hotel's private trails - just one of the many guided tours on offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Evoline ltd and TripOnline SA so you can book your Casa Corcovado Jungle Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Corcovado Jungle Hotel Corcovado National Park
- Hotel Casa Corcovado Jungle