My friend and I recently spent 3 nights at La Leona and had a fantastic time. Even the 35 minute walk on the beach from Carate to the lodge was nice as there were several macaws along the way. We had an ocean view cabin and the grounds are beautiful with lots of birds and wildlife. One day, there was a group of spider monkeys in the trees behind our cabin that I watched while taking a shower in the outdoor bathroom. Macaws routinely came to trees on the grounds to eat almonds and the red-legged honeycreepers were alos common.
We went to Corcovado NP with a La Leona guide for a half-day hike (we would have taken the full day hike but it wasn't listed on the board as an available tour). Although we saw a lot of wildlife, our guide was young and not an experienced birder so if you're into birds, I'd ask for a guide more familiar with birds.
The tent cabins were very comfortable and I loved the outdoor shower. The meals were very good and coffee, juice, and water were available throughout the day which was fabulous. All in all, this is a wonderful place to stay and I'd definitely stay again even longer in order to spend some time at Sirena.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located at the entrance of Corcovado National Park, on the Osa Peninsula of Costa Rica, nestled in the most beautiful, primary rainforest and surrounded by the Pacific Ocean. Come and see for yourself what paradise looks like, and enjoy all the attention and accommodations of a lavish stay in the wild! Prepare yourself to embark on the journey of a lifetime! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your La Leona Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Leona Eco Hotel Corcovado National Park
- La Leona Eco Lodge Costa Rica/Carate