To kick this review off I’ll give a bit of background information. In December 2013 we traveled to Costa Rica on a two week whirlwind journey. We went in on a budget and decided early on that we would rather spending our cash on experiences and food rather than accommodations.
The La Leona Eco-Lodge is gorgeous and provides visitors with a glamping experience like they probably have never seen it before. On top of that the staff was wonderfully accommodating and attentive.
Our tent was very quaint, consisting of two twin-sized beds and a separate, fenced-in bathroom out back. The tents were very clean but seemed a bit rundown in terms of the actual structure. The stay at La Leona Eco-Lodge is not for those on a budget but if you’re willing to spend $110-140 a day per person (meals included) its a slice of paradise!
In the end, I think this place is beautiful and makes the most sense from a cash flow standpoint for folks traveling alone or who aren’t on a tight budget.
- Gorgeous location and sense of serenity due to remote location
- Wonderfully attentive and accommodating staff
- Three meals per day (nothing fancy but all high quality)
- Price point seems a bit steep for what you actually get in terms of accommodation and food
- Corners seem to have been cut in the construction of the tents
- Remote location makes it potentially difficult to leave in case of medical emergency or last minute change of plans
For a detailed review check out our review at: http://goodbadandmuddy.com/review-la-leona-eco-lodge/
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located at the entrance of Corcovado National Park, on the Osa Peninsula of Costa Rica, nestled in the most beautiful, primary rainforest and surrounded by the Pacific Ocean. Come and see for yourself what paradise looks like, and enjoy all the attention and accommodations of a lavish stay in the wild! Prepare yourself to embark on the journey of a lifetime! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your La Leona Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Leona Eco Hotel Corcovado National Park
- La Leona Eco Lodge Costa Rica/Carate