We travelled around Costa Rica staying in various lodges but this was definitely the highlight of the trip. The accommodation was simple but very comfortable - a lovely outdoor 'coconut ' shower, private toilet, great beds. The view was stunning and the sound of the waves crashing on the shore was a fantastic backdrop to the hot and steamy nights. There was plenty of wildlife to be seen just by staying on the camp but the night walk and hike into the Corcovado National Park were special. As another reviewer says, the staff were brilliant - laid back and unfussy, but helpful and knowledgeable at the same time. The food was absolutely first class - like very very good home cooking without any pretentious fancy bits (and if you are lucky Paulo the chef will sing you song too!), and there was always plenty of it. The fact that meals were eaten family style, meant that here we met and became instant friends with some great folk - something that didn't really happen at any other place. We loved it and would like to be there right now. We even enjoyed the hot walk along the beach (glad the horse and cart took our bags though and that we were given umbrellas to shade us from the sun). We thoroughly recommend this place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located at the entrance of Corcovado National Park, on the Osa Peninsula of Costa Rica, nestled in the most beautiful, primary rainforest and surrounded by the Pacific Ocean. Come and see for yourself what paradise looks like, and enjoy all the attention and accommodations of a lavish stay in the wild! Prepare yourself to embark on the journey of a lifetime! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Leona Eco Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Leona Eco Hotel Corcovado National Park
- La Leona Eco Lodge Costa Rica/Carate