All reviews tiki tent garden tour corcovado national park costa rica outdoor shower other guests osa peninsula scarlet macaws communal table yoga deck open air healthy food every meal perfect balance low tide close to nature stayed longer
Selected filters
Reviewed December 7, 2019

If you're looking to fully immerse yourself in the living world, be woken up by a symphony of birds and creatures, feel at home in a rustic but elegant environment, and enjoy paradisiacal cuisine.. this is the place to be at. Worth every second and every dollar.

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed August 27, 2019

We booked 2 nights at the Finca Exotica and 2 days before checking in I was asking questions to Jose (yoga guy) through whatsapp and he was very rude. Which made me a bit anxious about our experience. When we arrived with the taxi we saw Jose in front of the hotel and he did not even tried to help us with the luggage... he just went straight to the beach. Then we got to the reception and we met Alex. Alex was very nice and he even told us that we got upgraded to a nicer room which we were very happy about!

Our 2 nights were very nice, Coco the chef and Alex made it an unforgettable moment. They were so nice and helpful by giving us tips about everything. On the other side Jose was not very friendly nor seemed interested to interact with guest.

We only were 4 couples in the whole hotel which made it even better and we felt like at home.

Date of stay: August 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Finca_Exotica, Propietario at Finca Exotica Ecolodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2019

Hello Walid, it is nice to hear that you were happy with the upgrade, that you had an unforgettable moment and felt like home !!

Your words about the ecolodge and your visit makes us happy and are good example of what we want to share with our guests.

Regarding your comments about Jose, please send us an email to check on those details, we never had those kind of comments before and the customer service is really important for us. That can helps us to improve !

We feel that you should know that the upgrade that you received was arranged by Jose, in fact. He was in charge of tha. Also and please be aware that he is not the one on charge of our WhatsApp number. So, actually you didnt speak with him before your arrrival, unless that you were sending emails or messages through extranets.

Thanks again for your visit and you are always welcome

Regards

Reviewed July 29, 2019

Sleeping in this Robinson Crusoe like cozy tiki hut, with mosquito netting around you, listening to the rain, seeing the lighting bugs as you drift off and then waking to the sounds of macaws chattering in nearby trees or monkeys scampering all around high in the trees was delightful. The meals, the hikes, the massage and the dinner conversations fed the soul and body in such a special way. AND the hammocks rocked you gently as you absorbed the beauty all around you as you relaxed and took it all in! Loved it all!

Room tip: Loved it all. Remember to pack a small umbrella for the unexpected rain.. as you run to dinner!
Date of stay: July 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed July 10, 2019

This is a magical place, where times slows down enough to make you hear the toucans, howler monkeys and macaws, see the gorgeous sunset clouds from the on-property trails, and taste the amazing food prepared by the chefs. We stayed in the Rancho luxury suite which is a work of art and allows for a birds eye view on the rainforest. Do yourself a favor and reconnect with real life at Finca Exotica.

Room tip: The Rancho cabin is amazing for families!
Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed July 9, 2019

I’ll confess that I had a really high bar for my experience after traveling to the Peruvian Amazon last year. But my stay at Finca Exotica exceeded my expectations! An amazing experience all around.

What made it so amazing:
1) The wildlife. We spotted 25 types of birds, numerous monkeys and a tayra just on the drive to the resort alone. (Driver Andy is amazing!) And we saw even more at the lodge, whether it was watching the scarlet macaw every day from the dining room, hearing the squirrel monkeys from my outdoor shower, spotting the countless common basilisk around the property, or seeing ALL of the things with naturalist Laura in Corcovado. Even on a 20 minute “hike” to the sunset viewpoint I spotted a family of 12 spider monkeys, tayra, and lizards. You get my drift...
2) The people. By the end of my 5 days, I really felt like I was staying with friends. The staff knew our names and would chat when we crossed paths during the day and during happy hour/dinner when everyone (staff/guest) was around. In fact, I really looked forward to 6 PM happy hour to get a fresh fruit cocktail and chat with the bartender and fellow guests about anything and everything! The staff were especially lovely to a 5-year-old guest and made her special dishes to her request. And nearly the full set of guests had dinner together every day, which was lovely, especially as a solo traveler!
3) The in-house naturalist - Laura deserves a special shout out for leading fantastic tours of Corcovado National Park and kayaking nearby. She has eagle-eyes for spotting birds and mammals - in some cases, seeing things other guides don’t - and is really enjoyable company for the entire experience.
4) The beach - We had 4-10 guests my week during Green Season, so I typically had the beach completely to myself! Got to choose whichever hammock I liked :)
5) The cabin - They generously upgraded me to the Bamboo Cabin, which was wonderful! It was right near the paths to the lodge and the beach, yet felt very private. And was spacious and comfortable with everything that I could want.
6) The food - I had no idea that I’d enjoy delicious 3-course dinners at an Ecolodge! Marvin and Coco did amazing things with local items - I’m still thinking about the fish we had one evening. I love cooking and food, and delighted in the presentation and flavors every time.

In case it’s not abundantly clear, I’d highly recommend Finca Exotica. Many thanks to the staff for an amazing experience!

Room tip: Per other traveler reccs, get one of the cabins about the lodge to see even more wildlife!
Date of stay: June 2019