There are not enough superlatives for Finca Exotica. All aspects of our stay there were exceptional. The surroundings are beautiful, the architecture is simple and elegant, and above all is the helpful and friendly staff. They say Costa Ricans are among the happiest people on Earth. I think this may be doubly true of the staff at Finca Exotica.
A few tips: Purchase the meal plan. There are few alternatives for food in the area, and Finca's meals are made with fresh ingredients grown there on the farm and expertly prepared by talented and creative chefs. Check to see where your accommodation will be located. It could be in the garden which is flat, or on the side of the mountain which requires a strenuous hike. You need to be physically fit for this hike. You will find yourself showering in your private outdoor shower after hikes back to your cabin. This is quite refreshing and fun. In return for the uphill hike, you will be rewarded with a private retreat with a lovely view.
I am a surfer, but my girlfriend and I chose Finca Exotica for its charms that include its proximity to Corcovado National Park, which we toured with a private guide arranged by Finca. However, Playa Carate is a surfer's paradise that I had never heard of. Finca offers Boogie boards and fins and a soft top board, but if you are a serious surfer you will want a 'real' board to fully enjoy the waves at Carate. I was able to borrow a board from a fellow guest, who rented it from Jimenez. Carate offers very fun and consistent beach break as well as something priceless: zero crowds. I surfed in the mornings with no one else out in the water and no one on the beach. I would choose to visit Playa Carate again for its fun surf alone.
When you combine the spectacular location, beautiful grounds, friendly staff and service, many activities I have not even mentioned, with everything arranged by the very competent and Friendly staff, as well as the isolated surf, Finca Exotica is a great choice for your stay in Osa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Finca Exotica eco lodge is a Wildlife Refuge property in this pristine area of Costa Rica, and the closest place to Corcovado National Park accessible by car.Our beach lodge is equipped to meet all of your needs – be it a romantic couple’s escape, a group retreat, a professional conference or a family vacation. Our facilities surround our central meeting place, Casa Grande, which hosts the organic food restaurant with a communal dining table and stretches out to an amphitheater suited for presentations and lectures by day and dance parties by night. Between them is the bar and together they all encompass the terrace where you can lounge under the open sky or swing in a hamock in the shades of almond trees, while Scarlett Macaws are feeding on them. Tents, cabins, rentals and other facilities stem out from this centerpiece to provide easy access near the beach, an isolated meditation ambiance and quaint trails that lead you through the labyrinth of exotic plant life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire and Booking.com so you can book your Finca Exotica Ecolodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finca Exotica Hotel Carate
- Finca Exotica Ecolodge Costa Rica/Carate