I was so impressed with so many wonderful things about this place! The accomodations, the food, the concern for the experience and comfort of those staying there. I was on a solo trip in a 4x4 and may have been a bit too adventurous in terms of my trip up the peninsula to get to the location, but wow was the trip worth it. The jungle outside the sheers keeping out the mosquitoes offered amazing views of wildlife and greenery. Growing wild, gorgeous flowers, reading in the hammock on the deck outside the sleeping area I saw Macaws and a shiney black furred creature the staff identified for me later as a rare siting, He walked the path outside of my outdoor shower ten feet from me looking over his shoulder at the hammock. Toucans, Macaws within 15 feet of me, gourmet vegetarian fare much of the ingredients grown on the property organically; a roaring then peaceful beach I could see and hear before I went to sleep, and while I tried out Yoga. Day trips/activities ( guide to go to Corcovado, 2 hour horse rides on the beach with a guide, etc.) were wonderful including just spending time in the water or investigating the beach and crocodiles in the lagoon. Some of the folks visiting smarter than I stayed longer. Next time so will I. Thanks to everyone!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Finca Exotica eco lodge is a Wildlife Refuge property in this pristine area of Costa Rica, and the closest place to Corcovado National Park accessible by car.Our beach lodge is equipped to meet all of your needs – be it a romantic couple’s escape, a group retreat, a professional conference or a family vacation. Our facilities surround our central meeting place, Casa Grande, which hosts the organic food restaurant with a communal dining table and stretches out to an amphitheater suited for presentations and lectures by day and dance parties by night. Between them is the bar and together they all encompass the terrace where you can lounge under the open sky or swing in a hamock in the shades of almond trees, while Scarlett Macaws are feeding on them. Tents, cabins, rentals and other facilities stem out from this centerpiece to provide easy access near the beach, an isolated meditation ambiance and quaint trails that lead you through the labyrinth of exotic plant life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire and Booking.com so you can book your Finca Exotica Ecolodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finca Exotica Hotel Carate
- Finca Exotica Ecolodge Costa Rica/Carate