Finca Exotica was our final stay of a 10 night, 4 location Costa Rican vacation. Lucky for us we arrived a day early, since we weren't as happy with our previous location. It was the highlight of our trip!
The wildlife was superb, better than any other place we stayed. The highlights were all of the monkeys which were quite close up and amazing birds including Scarlet Macaws and Toucans.
The rooms were rustic yet elegant. Open, but private and serene. Definitely romantic!
Now for the food. AMAZING is all I can say. I wish Coco would come open a restaurant in NYC. I've never had such fresh and delicious food at every meal. And my husband and I are both "foodies".
The ambiance in the dining area was superb. Including the beautiful chairs hand made out of a ship found in the ocean nearby! And all the décor and the structure itself, designed by Markus.
Phoebe was very nice and accommodating via email. She was away on a turtle adventure when we were there. But Markus, Coco and everyone else were just wonderful. Markus took us on a fabulous garden tour where we sampled tasty flowers, leaves and sugar cane.
We took it easy at Finca Exotica, after quite an adventurous rest of our trip. Plus I was 4 months pregnant and ready for some R&R at that point.
I will suggest being very careful in the water. I feel I am a decent swimmer, yet only swam at low tide since it looked pretty rough. Both my husband and I had a hard time getting out of the water after swimming for a while. Pretty scary. But beautiful and quiet beach and ocean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Finca Exotica eco lodge is a Wildlife Refuge property in this pristine area of Costa Rica, and the closest place to Corcovado National Park accessible by car.Our beach lodge is equipped to meet all of your needs – be it a romantic couple’s escape, a group retreat, a professional conference or a family vacation. Our facilities surround our central meeting place, Casa Grande, which hosts the organic food restaurant with a communal dining table and stretches out to an amphitheater suited for presentations and lectures by day and dance parties by night. Between them is the bar and together they all encompass the terrace where you can lounge under the open sky or swing in a hamock in the shades of almond trees, while Scarlett Macaws are feeding on them. Tents, cabins, rentals and other facilities stem out from this centerpiece to provide easy access near the beach, an isolated meditation ambiance and quaint trails that lead you through the labyrinth of exotic plant life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Hotwire so you can book your Finca Exotica Ecolodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finca Exotica Hotel Carate
- Finca Exotica Ecolodge Costa Rica/Carate