When we ask our 2 girls (age 5 and 9) what they liked best about our Costa Rica vacation they both agree - it was our stay at Finca Exotica. And we had been to several other National Parks and beautiful Lodges before..... What is so special about it? The combination of the most beaufiful setting between Jungle and Beach, the people (great team-spirit, make you feel at home and truly care about the place and their guests), the striking bamboo-architecture, the food (amazingly creative and delicious cooking with home-grown foods) and I could go on and on..... However, if you ask our kids they will tell you that they simply enjoyed to play "jungle-kid" all day, spotting animals they only knew from books (like macaws and monkeys) right next to our cabin and building a dam at the little creek on the property... We feel Finca Exotica is excellent for a relaxed family vacation and the trip there on the bumpy road crossing rivers is already part of the adventure. We stayed in a tent for 1 night and then in the Ylang-Ylang-Cabin, wich has the perfect size for a family with 2 separate rooms, lounge-deck, bathroom and outdoor shower (shower and look at the stars!). The New Years party with the other guests, staff and friends of Finca Exotica was also a most memorable event. So if you go, simply leave your I-Pad at home, slow down and indulge. This is what we did and it became a very enriching family experience.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Finca Exotica eco lodge is a Wildlife Refuge property in this pristine area of Costa Rica, and the closest place to Corcovado National Park accessible by car.Our beach lodge is equipped to meet all of your needs – be it a romantic couple’s escape, a group retreat, a professional conference or a family vacation. Our facilities surround our central meeting place, Casa Grande, which hosts the organic food restaurant with a communal dining table and stretches out to an amphitheater suited for presentations and lectures by day and dance parties by night. Between them is the bar and together they all encompass the terrace where you can lounge under the open sky or swing in a hamock in the shades of almond trees, while Scarlett Macaws are feeding on them. Tents, cabins, rentals and other facilities stem out from this centerpiece to provide easy access near the beach, an isolated meditation ambiance and quaint trails that lead you through the labyrinth of exotic plant life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Finca Exotica Ecolodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Finca Exotica Hotel Carate
- Finca Exotica Ecolodge Costa Rica/Carate