“Nice Atmosphere, Food & Service Issue's”
Review of Our Place Cafe

Our Place Cafe
Ranked #2 of 51 Restaurants in Wetumpka
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

Went there more than necessary. The atmosphere is wonderful, no complaints. Seating a little too close for comfort at times. Service never pleased, wait staff was under - staffed for the amount of customers. Thus, hard to get refills on drinks or even water. So they have a chef, he needs to cook more from the market and not the can or frozen food isle. I grew up in the food business, I could tell. Some dishes are wonderful, some are just pitiful. Will I go back? Maybe, maybe not. The best dining for Wetumpka. But beware of some foods. 3 star rating not a 5 star at all. You have to think outside the box whenever you want quicker, more efficient service and food quality, not just the atmosphere. :-)

Reviewed January 8, 2014

My husband and I went out to dinner for our anniversary. We had a very special evening complete with outstanding service, dinner with a wonderful bottle of wine. We really enjoyed the grilled Snapper with sautéed vegetables, and salad.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

Excellent food, atmosphere, and service. We found this place on recommendation of a friend. A nice find too. Went on a Friday night. They were busy but turned over meals very quickly. No gluten free menu but there are entrees and sides that are gluten free. Steak was perfect. My friends chicken Alfredo was probably the best I have tasted. For desert we shared a bread pudding that I know was the best I had ever had.
The sound volume in the dining room was great. Not sure what it will be like on a night when they have live music.

Reviewed December 23, 2013

If you are wanting a romantic, best food ever, and a special evening this is it. Everything I have ever ordered has been exceptional. Chicken steaks everything.

Reviewed November 26, 2013

The very old wooden structure is very tastefully designed and the food and service have gotten even better over the years. The menu is reasonably priced for the quality and the wine prices are noticeably less than we have experienced in hundreds of restaurants.

There were two acceptable Chardonnays at $21 a bottle and Kendall Jackson at $27 or $28 (sorry I don't remember.

Even when full, it is not too noisy so conversation is easy.

My wife and I both loved the Shrimp Diane.

One problem (by no means major): the place is difficult to find and the brick building is not well lighted on the outside. You can just keep an eye out for the cars in the parking lot right up close to the road on its west side.