“Change of pace for special occasion”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Our Place Cafe

Our Place Cafe
Ranked #1 of 50 Restaurants in Wetumpka
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Wetumpka, Alabama
“Change of pace for special occasion”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife and I ate hear during the Alabama/LSU game. No waiting! Food is good and ribeye was very large. All cooked as ordered. The menu seems to be lacking from our last visit a couple of years ago. More and more items are fried than before. The atmosphere is nice with seating upstairs overlooking the first floor diners. Small, but adequate for business.

Georgia
“This place is worth the trip!”
Reviewed August 29, 2012

This unassuming place was quite a surprise. It took me about twenty minutes to get there from my hotel and thank goodness for GPS cause I am not sure I would have found it otherwise. The trip was so worth the delicious food I found inside! I had seared Grouper with smashed red potatoes. My friends said the steak was fantastic and it was a generous serving. The last surprise was the delightful dessert. I had the Praline bread pudding that three of us shared. It was magnificant! I literally had to get rid of my spoon because I am sure I could have eaten it all by myself! The atmosphere is great for a romantic date destination. Expect to pay a hefty price but for special occassions it is worth every penny!

• Visited August 2012
Virginia
“great date night atmosphere”
Reviewed July 21, 2012

had a great evening here with 5 friends--they gave us a semi-private table back by their wine cellar....service was a little bit slower than normal for each round of drinks, salads, entrees, etc.

the food was delicious--my husband is a picky steak eater and he said this steak was better than what he gets at Ox Yoke Steakhouse, which is just down the road...I had the Shrimp Thermodore and it was delicious; however, I was expecting a generous portion of veggies for a side and all they gave each entree was a few tablespoons of a cooked slaw (shredded carrots onions, and zucchini).

overall, come here if you don't want to be rushed and aren't starving--you're just there for the atmosphere and company...

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank xenaht2000
Houston, Texas
“Perfect every time!”
Reviewed April 6, 2012

I love this place. It is a romantic place with great ambiance. We go every chance we get. The food is always fantastic (you will love the fried green tomato appetizer!!) and everything is so fresh. They are always a cut above everyone else. It is really worth the trip to the small town of Wetumpka,

• Visited February 2012
1 Thank ALtraveler334
Montgomery, Alabama
“Great atmosphere, high prices.”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

The price of the meal makes it difficult to enjoy the taste of the meal. I detest asparagus and the place two green stalks over a possibly good tasting entree. The atmosphere rates higher than the quality of the food, otherwise i would have rated it average.

Visited March 2012