“Will definitely return-Enjoyed our brief stay”

Key West Inn Wetumpka
Key West Inn Wetumpka
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Wetumpka
Reviewed April 8, 2014

We chose this location because it was close to the casino. We only stayed one night but it had everything we needed. We had 2 double beds that were very comfortable. The A/C worked great. The TV was a 32" flatscreen. My husband was watching the final 4 basketball playoffs Saturday evening so he was pleased that there was a nice TV in the room. Everything was clean and tastefully decorated. I had read some of the reviews on line and wasn't sure what it would be like, based on the mention of a 15" TV by one reviewer, the A/C not working well by another reviewer and one that said the room was dingy and dirty. We will request the same room next time we come. We would recommend this hotel to anyone that is looking for accomodations in this area. We will definitely return here any time we plan to come for an overnight stay and go to the casino. Don't plan to eat breakfast unless cereal is your favorite. They have a VERY basic continental breakfast. There are good fast food restaurants close by that you can get a good and inexpensive breakfast.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
10  Thank Joni H

Reviewed January 14, 2014

My 2 girlfriends and I stayed the night and on initial viewing the room was dim and slightly grungy, but on our return from casino that evening we discovered the beds had huge stains on the sheets.We called front desk and they said it was probably stains they could not wash out--not! We had to go down to front desk for replacements. Management also had poor customer service, fussing at each other in front of customers-what a nightmare!

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
10  Thank Bernice T
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Poor air conditioner in room. Will not cool room. TV is a 15 inch zenith with a decent channel selection. Room is clean. Bathroom area clean. Feels like a Florida hotel you would stay at while on a trip with high school friends. Only hotel in immediate area is why they can charge as much as they do.

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank RedeyeWarrior
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I stayed at the Inn the night for one night. My room was large, clean and everything worked. I was concerned about possible road noise, but it wasn't a problem. I slept well. Management was helpful too. I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
7  Thank 38EdS
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Just in for the night
Comfortable bed clean room hot shower what more can u ask for.
In a small town. Nice location good looking curb appeal
Breakfast is cold cereal coffee and juice but I didn't come to eat I came to rest.
Room was quiet no road noise.
Its not a fancy hotel
It's a clean and comfortable hotel.
Hope y'all rest good. I did.

• Stayed: March 2013
7  Thank K9sniffer
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Since my first review, I've stayed here a handful of times on overnight trips to play at the local casino. I've had none of the problems from my first stay, so I've upgraded my review from three stars to four. The last few times I've stayed, everything in the room has been functional and clean. The rate was about $80 after tax and fees, but for the convenience of being so close (3 miles) to the casino is worth it in my opinion. With a total of close to 10 visits to this hotel, I can say that my opinion is as fair as it could possibly be. It's not an upscale hotel, of course, but more along the lines of your lower quality comfort inn or something of that nature. It appears to be independently owned and managed, but I really don't have any complaints as far as cleanliness or amenities. Yes, the tv is probably 20 years old, but how much time will you spend in the room if you're gambling? If you're on a business trip, however, you might want to consider staying in another nicer hotel about 5 miles further out for about the same price.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank PistolPie
Reviewed December 14, 2012

I live in Georgia and a friend of mine recommended this hotel for stay. At first, we read the reviews but we decided to go check it out anyway. And actually, I am glad I did! The rooms were nice and clean and the staff helped us out a lot.
I don't know why negative reviews are being posted but take my advice,
check out the hotel and the rooms before you decide not to go or stay there!

Room Tip: A very nice hotel and an excellent location! It is also a very quiet area to snooze!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
9  Thank Jessica J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wetumpka
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Montgomery
No photo provided
Key West Inn Millbrook
#3 of 4 in Millbrook
Drury Inn & Suites Montgomery

Been to Key West Inn Wetumpka? Share your experiences!