“STAY HERE” 4 of 5 bubbles

Gun Barrel City, Texas
“STAY HERE”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

Just in for the night
Comfortable bed clean room hot shower what more can u ask for.
In a small town. Nice location good looking curb appeal
Breakfast is cold cereal coffee and juice but I didn't come to eat I came to rest.
Room was quiet no road noise.
Its not a fancy hotel
It's a clean and comfortable hotel.
Hope y'all rest good. I did.

• Stayed March 2013
7 Thank K9sniffer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Carrollton, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013

Since my first review, I've stayed here a handful of times on overnight trips to play at the local casino. I've had none of the problems from my first stay, so I've upgraded my review from three stars to four. The last few times I've stayed, everything in the room has been functional and clean. The rate was about $80 after tax and fees, but for the convenience of being so close (3 miles) to the casino is worth it in my opinion. With a total of close to 10 visits to this hotel, I can say that my opinion is as fair as it could possibly be. It's not an upscale hotel, of course, but more along the lines of your lower quality comfort inn or something of that nature. It appears to be independently owned and managed, but I really don't have any complaints as far as cleanliness or amenities. Yes, the tv is probably 20 years old, but how much time will you spend in the room if you're gambling? If you're on a business trip, however, you might want to consider staying in another nicer hotel about 5 miles further out for about the same price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank PistolPie
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 14, 2012

I live in Georgia and a friend of mine recommended this hotel for stay. At first, we read the reviews but we decided to go check it out anyway. And actually, I am glad I did! The rooms were nice and clean and the staff helped us out a lot.
I don't know why negative reviews are being posted but take my advice,
check out the hotel and the rooms before you decide not to go or stay there!

Room Tip: A very nice hotel and an excellent location! It is also a very quiet area to snooze!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
9 Thank Jessica J
Eufaula, Alabama
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

I work in Wetumpka but live in Eufaula, so in order to help reduce commute time, my employers arranged for me to stay three nights a week at this hotel. The negotiated price per night was actually more than what I paid at my last stay in a much nicer hotelin Atlanta. Anyway, the first night I was there, I noticed that the door handle to my room was loose, and felt as if it would fall off if pulled too hard. The room was dank and musty. I turned on the air conditioner and went to eat. When I came back 45 minutes later, the room was still very warm. The TV in the room was a Zenith that could easily have been 10-15 years old and barely worked. The telephone was unusable. I could not hear anyone on the other end regardless of who placed the call. Now here's the kicker. I spent one night, drove back home the next night, then checked in for two nights. I watched the desk clerk note it on the guest card. At about 9:30 the last night, an elderly lady came walking into my room. She screamed when she realized there was someone in the room. Five minutes later, I get a phone call. It's the desk clerk telling me I was in the wrong room, and that I had been moved to another room because, and I quote, "When you went to work this morning, you didn't leave anything in the room, so we assigned it to another guest." I will NEVER stay at this place again. I'd rather sleep in my car!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank tech1412
Woodstock, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2012

Surely, this is not a place any human will won't to stay - even it it was free- Roaches and Daddy Long Legs crawling about! And all we wanted to do was rest our heads for the night. They even offer "free" continental breakfast. If the room is shabby, who wants to try their food? Think about that! Personally, it is overpriced for what they give. If they are going to charge anything for this dump, shouldn't be more than a $24.99 hotel stay. They charge this price because it is not another hotel in the area. And believe me we asked about another near Inn or Hotel and there was none. Cleanliness, apparently they know nothing about. So if you've traveling; suggest you keep on trucking. Truck right down the road until you find decent quarters. It's well worth the travel!

Room Tip: Do not use this Hotel under any circumstances! That's my Tip for the Day.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
9 Thank ReadyGirl
Carrollton, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2011

Since this is the only hotel choice in Wetumpka, and all other hotels are at least seven miles from Creek Casino Wetumpka, I've stayed here twice. Both times were for one night only. Both times I've stayed, upon arrival I was informed that there were no non-smoking rooms available, but since I was going to Creek Casino, I wasn't concerned because there wouldn't be much time spent in the room.

The first time, when I went to take a shower, I couldn't get the water flow to switch to the shower head and I have very long hair. The tub looked unclean so I opted to wash my hair standing at the sink, only to discover that the sink drain was clogged. Then, the light over the vanity kept going out after a minute or two, and I had to turn it off and leave it off for a little while to get the light to come back on.

On my second visit, I stayed in a different room and had none of these problems (with the exception of still not being able to get a non-smoking room).

Tip: if you are going to have a few drinks while playing at Creek Casino, call Stagecoach Shuttle. K.B. is a super nice guy and won't rip you off!

• Stayed November 2011
6 Thank PistolPie
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2011

I stayed at the Key West Inn after getting don advice from Stewart W.. I couldn't have been happier!

• Stayed November 2011
2 Thank barollos
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wetumpka
Wind Creek Wetumpka
#2 of 4 in Millbrook
Days Inn & Suites Prattville-Montgomery
Drury Inn & Suites Montgomery
Staybridge Suites Eastchase Montgomery

Been to Key West Inn Wetumpka? Share your experiences!