“Short drive from Georgia, no real issues this time!”

Wind Creek Casino & Hotel Wetumpka
Ranked #1 of 9 things to do in Wetumpka
Carrollton, GA
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Short drive from Georgia, no real issues this time!”
Reviewed July 21, 2014

My last review of this property was written in April. I expressed a few minor complaints, and it seems that the management is trying very hard to address issues that are brought to their attention.

I visited with my 21 year old niece for a belated birthday celebration. Valet was fast and friendly, and the checkin wait time seemed greatly improved over my last experience. Everything about the room was perfect, including a nice view of the Coosa River, which we didn't even think to ask for! Quality of food at the grille was pretty good (much better than my previous experience at the seafood buffet). Never encountered any unplayable/malfunctioning machines. Head of security offered my niece a bracelet to stop the hassle of getting ID'd every ten minutes, which was great. All employees we encountered were professional and courteous. This was the first visit where I actually checked out the pool, which wasn't that impressive, but I never go to the casino to lounge in the pool, anyway.

Previously, I complained about the horrible drink ordering system. With the exception of the very first drink order arriving 20 minutes after we placed it, it seems that there has been a vast improvement in speed of service. Every time we placed a drink order after that, our drinks arrived within a couple of minutes. I noticed that they had also added a couple of brands of beer that have been unavailable on my previous visits, which was a pleasant surprise.

Unfortunately, my niece didn't have much luck. I was down about $600 for the night and about to call it quits when I had a good hit on a machine and got my money back. I never come expecting to make a profit, though. I count it as the price for entertainment, and I love to play and simply forget about all worries at the moment.

We will definitely be back to this beautiful property.

6 Thank PistolPie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Multiple visits”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

The room was great & comfortable, no problem. The casino was large with all varities of slots although not any usual poker slots . Have been there at least a dozen times since opened this year. We have found the staff to not be very friendly as well as inefficient. Players club the worst we've ever seen to include Vegas, Tunica, Cherokee, Biloxi & Foxwoods. It,s nothing to have to stand in line 30 min plus. Takes 3 staff to wait on one person. Obviously need a supervisor & better training. Other staff can't answer simple questions about their area. The place has all the "looks" & equipment for a great potential if could get their act together with staff, Personally overall, we feel the payback from slots is the least of other casino we frequent. The grill has really good food consistently but their staff could use some social skills and training . Service is really slow & lacking. Many times when calling, can't get anything but a recorded message that refers to Internet and repeats itself. Lastly, I hope they get savvy as they have a beautiful casino.

5 Thank Bsue101
Wetumpka
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Awful”
Reviewed July 13, 2014

So greedy. By far the worst casino I've ever been to. Awful service. Club line was over an hour long wait (unless you've spent over $150,000 there). You'd be lucky to win your 50 cent bet back. They don't serve preferred drinks (unless you are a platinum member which you must have spent $300,000). The machines are set so tight to fund $50,000 dollar giveaways in which entries are determined by how much money you spend. Every casino I have ever been to sends lots of free play and offers in the mail for you to come back... not this one. Overall, worst experience ever. Would not recommend to anyone.

22 Thank Rogers_8196
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“It was refreshing”
Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I will be visiting again,entire visit was excellent the staff,suite,games,food,drinks. Most enjoyable sitting in the lobby meeting and talking to people from different places around the USA.JUST A GREAT GETAWAY FOR RELAXATION AND FUN!FUN!FUN!

Visited February 2014
3 Thank Vickie D
Hoover, Alabama
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Watch your back - literally”
Reviewed July 7, 2014

Only visited Casino.Watch your back! Cell phone stolen from back pocket. Much like a man's wallet would be, However, at least 6 employees I stopped and told what happened, all of them said "ma'am, we do not look back at surveillance tapes for cell phones, only purses and wallets" HMMMMMMMM. Kinda makes you wonder. So Security refused to look at the tape. In my opinion, beware of someone cleaning the machine next to yours and bumping your chair. No one seemed concerned in the slightest. I was told by local police that the casino has their own police dept. Seems rather odd that not one employee mentioned that to me. I would have filed a police report. Not even when I called them back after I returned home. It would have taken less than 10 minutes to look at the tape, because I was not there very long and know the exact time and place I last used the phone. It was not crowded at all, so it would not have been hard to determine exactly what happened. I immediately had my phone disabled once I noticed it was stolen, so it is useless to anyone. Was having fun up to that point. But I spent my last hour there looking for someone with my phone and talking to security people. I hope whoever has it gets what they deserve. Hope they are happy that I have now lost the last pictures I have of my Dad. Very disappointed in that NOBODY gave a crap. All I asked was them to take a look at the tape.

15 Thank EJ12014