“PERFECT honeymoon @ Sol y Luna!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Montezuma
Hotel bungalows SolyLuna los Almendros.
Reviewed April 25, 2012

This place is truly magical. My husband and I spent our honeymoon in the Montezuma/Cabuya area,and for six beautiful days, we called bungalow Luna "home". Patricia,and Simon are such special people,and most excellent hosts! They give you the scoop on what to do,where and when the local bus runs,where to eat,cool points of interest--We cooked nearly every dinner at the bungalow,and enjoyed the beautiful gardens there. Romantic setting, GREAT location, beautiful flowers,gracious hosts,monkeys,birds,hammocks,wonderful bungalows---you CAN NOT go wrong with this!!! :) We are already planning a return visit!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 23, 2012

My husband and I recently stayed here for four nights. The owners, Patricia and Simon, are gracious hosts, helpful and informative about the local area. The bungalows are in a secluded, peaceful setting, and it was wonderful to hear the Howler monkeys roaring in the evening, and the be awakened by a symphony of birds in the morning. The bungalow is simply-furnished but comfortable and clean. The location is ideal for accessing either Montezuma or Cabo Blanco National Park. I can't wait to go back for a return visit!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 18, 2012

Location and accommodation. Location is perfect, 3 km to Cabo Blanco 3 km to Montezuma, right on the main road that runs through Cabuya. Cabuya has a couple of stores, a bakery and a few great little restaurants...worth exploring. Accommodations are great! Cool little bungalow nestled in a patch of jungle, lots of monkeys and other nature right on your doorstep. Patricia & Simon are great, very helpful getting the lowdown on where to go, where to eat and what to see, & when. Highly recommended for a romantic experience in Costa Rica!

Room Tip: We were cabi "Sol"....awesome place
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank shadand
Reviewed March 17, 2012

We traveled the Pacific Coast of Costa Rica for a little over 2 weeks. The first place we stayed at in the Tenorio region was posh. Then our travels took us to Montezuma where we stayed at a cottage with a private dipping pool overlooking the bay, and then to Sol y Luna. After Sol y Luna we traveled to the Osa region to stay in a treehouse, and then up to Liberia after that. All in all, our favorite place to stay was Sol y Luna! Why? Because of the proximity to everything, the artistic detail of our cottage (Sol), the warmth of our hosts, Patricia and Simon, the wildlife (the most we saw anywhere!), the beaches, and the town of Cabuya which we totally fell in love with.

It is clear that Patricia and Simon have put their souls into these cabins. I was blown away by the details, everywhere you look. Travelling can be difficult so it was great to find a place that felt warm and inviting, arty, and very comfortable. I also appreciated their attention to security. In addition, Patricia and Simon are great hosts, friendly, warm, and inviting, just like their cabins. We will go back to the area one day and we will stay there again.

Also, I highly recommend the restaurant, El Rancho in Cabuya! Marvelous! Thanks Patricia for that tip! We had 3 meals there. I jokingly suggested to them that they open a restaurant in San Francisco, CA. They would give a few restaurants around here a run for their money!

All in all, a wonderful experience that will stay with us forever.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2012

My wife and I stayed at Solyluna for 2 weeks in February 2012. We just got home and are already planning our next trip back. This is the most beautiful place weve ever seen, and Patricia and Simon are great hosts, very helpful and informative. If you enjoy peaceful nature surroundings, its the perfect place. Nice cabin, beautifully kept yard, tons of wildlife to see and hear, 5 minute walk to a gorgeous beach. 3km from both Montezuma and Cabuya, but still secluded enough to be very peaceful and quiet. We are so glad to have chosen Solyluna for our trip, we will have to stay there again next time we go to Costa Rica. I cant thank Patricia and Simon enough for being so helpful.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 1, 2012

This place is MAGICAL We ABSOLUTELY UNEQUIVOCALLY loved it here! 5 minute walk to the ocean where you may see one or two people; a bus or taxi ride to Montezuma or Cabuya--if you plan to arrive by shuttle Montezuma Expedition takes you to their doorstep. Patricia gave me that jewel of info. Speaking of Patricia, she and Simon are wonderful wonderful hosts--in her last email when we booked in October she told me, "we'll be waiting for you" and 3 months later, they were right there as our shuttle pulled in. Quickly getting us set up in our 1 week home, Patricia had even drawn up a little a map of places to go plus had the bus schedule along with a magazine about the area replete with high and low tide schedules!!!

The place is spotless and soooooooo tastefully decorated. I literally jumped up and down like a 3 year old when we entered our bungalow Sol, I was sooo excited! The photos only give a hint of the reality. And QUIET, you can hear your heartbeat. Well, once the howler monkeys are finished conversing that is lol. It's off a side road so you don't get the Montezuma noise of vehicles rolling down the rocky road. When we got to town I saw some of the other lodgings I had considered during planning and was SO glad I chose Solyluna. We are planning to return for sure!

I could be sitting here all day going on about how much we loved this place but I will save you and I both time--if you are looking for comfort, beauty, exclusivity, uniqueness, wonderfully accommodating hosts, animals at your doorstep and a large dash of Magic this is the place!

PS, I had tears in my eyes when Simon so kindly took us to the bus.

Room Tip: There are two bungalows, Luna is a bit further from the road and gate, we stayed in Sol and will be...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank silkwirejewelry
Reviewed January 13, 2012

From the moment we arrived here we both felt incredibly at home. Our hosts were very welcoming and were respectful of our time and also lovely friendly people. We took a taxi from Tambor and the location is about 3km out of Montezuma. I loved this as it was very quiet and a place to relax and communicate with nature. This was not a place to party - it was so lovely to meet all the wonderful wild animals and Patricia and Simons cats Lola and Lulu. The beach was a 5 min walk down the dirt road and this was also a favourite of mine - pretty quiet and it was fun watching the pelicans and the local fishermen do their work. I already want to go back!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple