Luna Llena Hotel
Hotel El Jardin(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$62
  • Pool
Hotel Aurora(Montezuma)
$30
Sano Banano Beachside Hotel(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
Hotel Celaje(Cabuya)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Los Mangos(Montezuma)
$53
  • Pool
Luz en el Cielo Eco-B&B/Hostel(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$75
Hotel Amor de Mar(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$80
Cabinas Mar y Cielo(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$239
$210
All reviewsprivate roomcommon areascold showercosta ricathe owneroscillating fanshared kitchenshort walkbring earplugsfull moonin townbeautiful place to stayfree coffeelow seasonfantastic staystayed nightshill
Reviewed November 28, 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights and loved my stay!! I traveled solo and got a private room. The grounds are really beautiful and make you feel as if there's nothing else around. I also had a nice ocean view from my room. Hard to beat for the price. You're also just a short walk from the restaurants and bar. Yes BAR...there is only one, but it is a rather charming place. If I were going back to Montezuma I would stay at Luna Llena again in a heartbeat!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Mark D
Reviewed November 17, 2013

I had a great experience at Luna Llena. Everything was very clean and comfortable. My room was simple (bed, table, fan, and light), but was all I needed because really, if you´re spending a lot of time in your room, you´re doing it wrong!

The shared bathrooms and showers were very clean, as was the fully equipped kitchen. The common areas were welcoming, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. My laptop did not fit in the safe provided in the room, so they kept it in the office safe for me during my stay. They booked my water taxi to Jaco for no additional premium to the prices in town.

One morning I woke up to a monkey staring at me when I left my room, and another morning there was an ant eater roaming around. Lots of wildlife in the trees surrounding the hotel, which I loved!

Because it is low season now, I was able to get a bigger room for a cheaper price. The only downside was the that wifi was spotty, but that can be expected anywhere in Costa Rica. All in all, I was very happy with my stay at Luna Llena, and I would go back again when I return.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank mariskar
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I showed up at Luna Llena and walked up the series of steps to find out they were booked solid. I was treated like dirt the second some German woman, with zero to no people skills, found out I didn't have reservations. I talked with fellow travelers I met the following day who had their reservation cancelled because they were an hour late for check in and the owner was, as they put it, "awful and mean". Luna Llena is located off of a windy steep road and away from the fun. I can't comment on the condition of the rooms or cleanliness, just the rude staff.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mattyc169
Milly A, Propietario at Luna Llena Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Dear Guests, I would like to apologize for any unpleasant moments in our hotel in the past. From the beginning of December until Easter weekend, we get really busy. To avoid any inconvenient situations, please make a reservation. Also, if anything comes in your way and you will not make it in time, please call us. In these months sometimes people are in line hoping to get a room. It is not always easy to handle stressed out travellers but we do our best as always to accommodate everyone. Safe travelings and sunny regards from Milly & Staff.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed here just for one night on a Saturday. I had a single room, which was small but clean and comfy. The hotel put on a BBQ that night, which was excellent. A really sociable, relaxed place with very helpful and accommodating staff.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We stayed at Luna LLena our first night in Montezuma and had a nice time. We stayed in Cabin 8, the private cabin with a private bath/shower and patio. It was a lot smaller than we expected, but it was very nice. Milly, the owner, was so sweet and helpful. The lounge they have by the office is fantastic! It was so peaceful and quiet (almost too quiet!). They have a kitchen you can help yourself too, a book exchange, they had some light music playing and several couches, chairs, tables, hammocks, etc. I'd have to say the only pain was the ATV's and quads driving were so loud at night. I don't know how much you can avoid that though. The fan in the room came in handy! We were able to sleep comfortably in terms of humidity. Bring a flashlight if you're walking up and down the steps at night! It's pitch black, slippery and steep (that would probably be the only other small complaint I have). All in all, a great stay!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple