“Had a great experience”
Review of Zuma Tours

Zuma Tours
Ranked #1 of 16 Tours in Montezuma
More attraction details
Owner description: Zuma Tours, your ocean experts in Montezuma since 1993, Tortuga Island Tour, Snorkeling, Scuba Diving, Water Taxi Boat to Jaco & Montezuma, Shuttle/Transfer Connections with Mal Pais & Santa Teresa, San Jose, Airport, Manuel Antonio, Dominical, Uvita, Sierpe. Also: Sport Fishing, Horseback Rides, ATV Tours, Canopy Tours, Surfing, Cabo Blanco and Curu reserves. Tours and transportation, Zuma Tours: a reliable and professional tour company.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Had a great experience”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

My boyfriend and I booked Zuma for our trip to and from Santa Teresa. We had a great experience dealing with them, everything happened exactly the way it was panned with both the shuttles and the boat. I loved it, I am a big fan of boats and ocean and wouldn't hesitate to book it again.

Visited December 2013

British Columbia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“We took the Tortuga Island snorkel tour. It was nice...”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

We were hoping that the snorkeling at this location would be spectacular. It was more, meh, not bad...to be fair though it was a bit cloudy in the water, so clearer conditions would make a big difference. The boat, staff, food and Tortuga Island itself were all a nice experience (it was a beautiful sunny day). We enjoyed a lazy afternoon on a beautiful tropical island. It was a very pleasant location to hang out. Side note; it costs $1usd to use the sit-down bathrooms on the island.

Palmetto, FL.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Communication problem at cruise port”
Reviewed February 10, 2014

I booked my clients with Zuma Tours to be picked up at the Cruise port in Puerta Caldera and take them to the taxiboat at Herradura Beach to go to Montezuma. There was a problem at the port allowing the driver in to pick them up and so they waited quite a while to get it resolved...wasn't really the fault of Zuma, more the fault of the port, but it did make it difficult. Luckily the driver waited to get in and luckily the clients eventually got picked up...it seems there should be better communication at the port when arranging these transfers. Otherwise, all was good. Easy to book, good price and they did show up on time and got them to the taxiboat in time...

Nanaimo, Canada
“Jaco-Montezuma Taxi Boat”
Reviewed February 2, 2014

We took the taxi boat from Jaco to Montezuma, primarily to save time in transit. And while we did save some time, we were a little frustrated with how long it took to unload the boats with passengers from Montezuma and get us passengers from Jaco loaded. The departure time was supposed to be 11am - didn't leave until after 12pm.

I think the system was flawed. They had the staff (only 2-3 of them) carrying all the bags up to the beach one or two at a time, and then brining luggage down in the same manner. We carried our own bags down the beach - if all the passengers did this it would save so much time as they all just stood around while a few guys ran back and forth to get the boat loaded.

Overall I would recommend Zuma Tours for this trip but expect to pay the price ($40 each) and still expect alot of waiting around and wasted time.

Sydney, Australia
“Zoom to Zuma this way”
Reviewed January 31, 2014

I booked Zuma to take us to Montezuma from Escazu on January 3. The driver turned up early, was a really good safe driver, it took about 90 minutes to get to Playa Herradura. We'd flown in from LA the day before, so I thought the 45 minute wait for the launch was a bit tedious (I was wrong). Once our bags were all loaded into plastic rubbish sacks and loaded into the luggage compartment, surfboards and excess bags onto the deck, we all piled on raced across the Nicoya Gulf, spent half an hour chasing dolphins and arrived in Montezuma for lunch. I enjoyed this trip, it was fun, reasonably well organised and reasonable value for money. I liked it even more after I took the return trip the cheap way, bus, ferry, bus. We left at 9am and arrived in San Jose 11 hours later - I would only recommend this itinerary if money is more important than time - Go Zuma (or fly)!