WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Zuma Tours

Zuma Tours
Ranked #1 of 16 Tours in Montezuma
More attraction details
Owner description: Zuma Tours, your ocean experts in Montezuma since 1993, Tortuga Island Tour, Snorkeling, Scuba Diving, Water Taxi Boat to Jaco & Montezuma, Shuttle/Transfer Connections with Mal Pais & Santa Teresa, San Jose, Airport, Manuel Antonio, Dominical, Uvita, Sierpe. Also: Sport Fishing, Horseback Rides, ATV Tours, Canopy Tours, Surfing, Cabo Blanco and Curu reserves. Tours and transportation, Zuma Tours: a reliable and professional tour company.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Portland, Oregon
“The BEST fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012

We booked a water taxi from Jaco to Montezuma and it turned out to be the very best way to travel (the quickest and most scenic). We booked a tour to Isla Tortuga, the snorkeling and sightseeing was incredible! It was easily our favorite day on our honeymoon in Costa Rica! We were so delighted that we planned to return to San Jose via water taxt to Jaco again. It was the quickest way back to the airport and we had another great experience! The staff was very friendly and offered great tips while we were visiting Montezuma. They are very trustworthy gentlemen and we would highly recommend Zuma tours to anyone. JC and Tito became our friends and they are wonderful!

We saw dolphins, humpback whales five times, and sea turtles on the taxi rides. Even more wildlife at Isla Tortuga!

Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve, Costa Rica
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Great snorkeling trip”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

They picked us up 45 min away in mal pais for fre. Then a 45min boat ride out to torture island. Snorkeled for 1.5 hours then a great lunch. The afternoon was 2 hours of whatever you wanted to do... But you had to rent stuff if you dont want to just lounge in the surf.

Bathrooms are $1 on the island.

On the ride back, our guide spent the time stopping our boat. We saw dolphins, sea turtles, pilot whales and humpback whales. Bring your own towels, change of clothes, and you can bring your own beer if you want. They had some for you as part of the cost.

los angeles
“Curu Wildlife Refuge”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

Went on one of the new tours to Curu Wildlife Refuge with probably the best guide I've ever experienced. I did this tour with my mother and Juan Carlos "JC" was extremely patient, always asked what our preferences were, explained different options for shorter or longer walks through the refuge, was super enthusiastic and made us feel as though we'd been friends for years. The tour was fun, and JC was really enthusiastic and had a wealth of knowledge of the plants and wildlife we were able to see. Despite experiencing one of CR's largest quakes during this tour, our guide kept us calm, in good spirits and interested in learning more the whole way through. It was a great trip with lots of interesting sights pointed out along the way to and from the refuge as well. Our drivers were also friendly, safe and very thoughtful about our well-being, helping us every step of the way. Highly recommend for those who prefer easier nature walks. (There's no category on tripadvisor that fits the sort of visit this was, but it was mother and adult daughter, no small children :) )

Redondo Beach
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Curu and an Earthquake all in the same trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

My daughter and I traveled to Montezuma 9/2-9/8/12. The first for me was the water entry to the speedboat taxi at Jaco. I was made comfortable and felt safe. The boat operator stopped for us to see a sea turtle, and later two whales. When we arrived our bags were carried up the beach to our awaiting taxi. Our first trip was to Curu with our Tour Guide, Juan Carlos. He made sure we were comfortable. He explained so many things to us and especially included us in the conversation. He was funny, and comforting during the 7.6 quake in the middle of the Curu reserve. Our drivers, Eddie, Kevin, and Melvin were excellent drivers in rain and rough roads. Javier at Zuma Tours even made sure we had food the night of the earthquake when there was no electricity. Some of the tours require a min. number of people otherwise you pay a higher rate.Juan Carlos took us to a wonderful "soda" called Soda Esmeralda outside Curu that had the most delicious "casados". I had the pork steak and my daughter the fish. I highly recommend this spot for a delicious and cheap meal. We took the ferry from Paquero to Puntarenas for our final night into San Jose. It was beautfiul and Melvin was waiting for us when we arrived. I thought the prices were very reasonable but should definitely be booked in advance.

Hamilton, Bermuda
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Two trips organized by Zuma Tours-Fishing & ATV”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2012

Zuma Tours organized a fishing trip and an ATV trip for our family of 4 (two teenagers) at the end of August 2012. They are very reliable and reputable. Both trips were incredible.
Fishing: My husband is big into fishing and the only local area fish that he had never caught was a Rooster fish and this was the afternoon's goal. He rented the boat for 3 hours. We caught three Rooster fish. The captain and mate were very experienced and professional. My daughter and I, who are not at all into fishing, bagged one each and plain enjoyed the time out on the Pacific.
ATV: This trip was GREAT. Zuma tours organized a private ATV'ing trip for our family of 4. None of us had every been on an ATV. Our guides took us all over the Nicoya peninsula and we were gone for about 4.5 hours. We went through trails in the rain forest, right through rivers, over cow pastures, swam in two waterfalls, and traversed the beautiful beach near Tambor. My husband and kids loved this trip and everyone had to wait for me, because I found it a bit scary, in a fun way. A couple of times I just got off the ATV and had the two guys leading our tour take it over some steep areas and they were so incredibly nice and accomodating about it. I never figured out where reverse gear was and they were very considerate, always coming back to assist me. Highly recommend this trip, even if you are an over 50 female like me.

Visited August 2012