WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Zuma Tours

Zuma Tours
Ranked #1 of 16 Tours in Montezuma
More attraction details
Owner description: Zuma Tours, your ocean experts in Montezuma since 1993, Tortuga Island Tour, Snorkeling, Scuba Diving, Water Taxi Boat to Jaco & Montezuma, Shuttle/Transfer Connections with Mal Pais & Santa Teresa, San Jose, Airport, Manuel Antonio, Dominical, Uvita, Sierpe. Also: Sport Fishing, Horseback Rides, ATV Tours, Canopy Tours, Surfing, Cabo Blanco and Curu reserves. Tours and transportation, Zuma Tours: a reliable and professional tour company.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Bradenton, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Tortuga Island Snorkeling”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

I had the pleasure of taking a day trip to Tortuga island with these guys, and let me just say--amazing!! We were even lucky enough to see Humpback whales, a mother and calf. They took us behind the island and we watched the whales in awe. We then went snorkeling which was amazing, so many fish they were bumping into us as the crew tossed bread into the water feeding them. I saw a beautiful sting ray and tropical fish. The beach was amazing too. The ride back was an adventure, it was raining and storming but we all laughed and made the best of it. I highly recommend a trip with them.

1 Thank Cheryl L

California
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Thumbs up! Zuma Tours is a reputable company!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

During our recent vacation to Costa Rica with had two experiences with Zuma Tours. The first was on a trip to Tortuga Island. We were visiting Costa Rica for a family reunion in July and my mother in law had arranged a private trip for 25 people. Four Zuma tour personnel accompanied us on the motor boat. They were all very helpful and friendly. They were very safety conscious and made sure the kids were wearing life vests (although there were enough for all). We left Montezuma in the morning and after a 45 minute ride on the speed boat we arrived at our first snorkel stop. We saw some beautiful fish - my children who had never snorkeled before were thrilled. The Zuma tours people even found a puffer fish which they showed us. I had no idea how beautiful Tortoga Island is as well as the surrounding islands. The area reminded me of some of the most beautiful islands I've seen in Southeast Asia and the Carribean. They provided snorkel gear. After a second stop we went to the island for lunch. The island is a dream. I wish we could have spent more time on the island. The sand was like powdered sugar and there were palm trees everywhere. There were beach chairs, beach toys and kayaks available for rent, a gift shop, macaws and parrots as well as horses to ride. And a hiking trail to elsewhere on the island. The whole experience was very fun; i wish it could have last longer.
Our second experience with Zuma was taking them to Jaco on their "taxi boat." We hired Zuma to pick us up in Santa Teresa and drop us off at the airport in Quepos. The transfers from taxi to boat to taxi went without a hitch. On the way across the bay we stopped to see dolphins and mating sea turtles. I also like the fact that their boats have a sunshade to provide sun protection. I'd highly recommend Zuma Tours. Javier and his personnel are terrific. And the concierge at the house we rented said that Zuma Tours is very reliable which was definitely our experience.

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Exciting and efficient boat ride- plus humpback whales and humping sea turtles!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2012

My boyfriend and I were staying in Herradura and were dying to take a trip over to montezuma. Zuma tours was our best bet as opposed to an eight hr car ride. We booked the trip the day before, received a confirmation immediately, and were picked up at our hotel ( even tho we later realized it was a five minute walk from the boat!) the boat ride was amazing. We saw dolphins and a humpback whale only thirty feet from the boat. The crew make it a point to stop and let you watch for the sea life if there's any on the way. We stayed overnight in montezuma- wish we had stayed longer, it's such an amazing place- and left the next morning. We met at the Zuma office in town the next day. The staff is very friendly and knew us by name as soon as we walked over. The waves were a little rough in montezuma so the company arranged a shuttle to nearby tambor, where the water was calmer and guaranteed a safer launch. The shuttle ride was about a half hour long and took us through the beautiful countryside. Again the crew was great - friendly and funny- and we managed to see some mating sea turtles on the way back! Definitely recommend these guys.

Boulder, CO
“Great Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

The tour was excellent and was more than I had expected. The snorkeling part of the trip was longer than I had anticipated, being two 45 minutes sessions, and we even saw fish to make it worth while. The tour was laid back and relaxing, yet well planned and thought out. Definitely would recommend to anyone looking for a relaxing way to spend a day.

Brooklyn, New York
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great guys”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

I was in Montezuma for three days last week with my girlfriend. The folks at Zumatours were really helpful. They're friendly, courteous, professional and not at all pushy. We showed up in town and they helped us get surf lessons, helped us figure out and book our transportation to our next destination, and they also have computers you can rent to use the internet. I definitely recommend these guys.