“Perfect way to end the year - New Year's Eve Diving Adventure”
Review of Montezuma Crew

Montezuma Crew
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hola !, I'm Michele from Isla Tortuga Dive Club. We are all very glad that you have contacted us and that we are able to book you for an Incredible Private Tour Day with us. Our tour is a whole day tour, starting 8:30am and finishing at 3:00pm. The departure point is at Bahía Ballena´s dock, in Tambor Bay. We will provide you with all the necessary snorkeling and dive gear, as well as an underwater guide, and you will have the possibility of doing 1 or 2 Dive , If you have dive licenses,if you have nor we offer discover dive. During the trip to Tortuga Island and back you will visit 2 different white sand beaches and you will also be able to do some coastal fishing and, hopefully, catch yourself something for dinner! You will enjoy a fresh tropical breakfast and a Mediterranean Lunch, including oysters and some fresh made carpaccio among other delicious things. Juices, water and beers are also included. All this, On Board and served by our crew. Also, in case you need, we have a some very beautiful houses or bungalows for rent daily, weekly or monthly with special prices for our clients. Best wishes, Michele - Montezuma Crew -
Reviewed January 6, 2014

What luck to have booked our New Year's Day dive with Michele and David! With three adult divers and two recently certified kid divers, we were looking for an experience that would build the kids' confidence and skills. Michele very obviously understood this and capably took the kids under his wing, subtly tested their knowledge and watched them like a hawk throughout the first dive. This allowed the parent divers to relax and enjoy themselves. The diving wasn't great- the visibility was poor - but the experience was just what we wanted.

Back on board the boat Michele and David provided fresh fruit and snacks and took us to a nearby beach to explore and relax. Trolling for fish proved unsuccessful but we got over that let-down with the delicious fresh oysters David dished out.

Diving with Michele and David was a high-light of our four days in the Montezuma area and I would recommend them to anyone looking to complete their dive certification.

Reviewed December 18, 2013

David and Michele are awesome! They came up to the house we rented 5 min outside of Montezuma to come introduce themselves and made us feel at home ever since then! We had 6 of us (3 couples) go out for fishing, diving, snorkeling, and the best time we had Costa Rica! They are very knowledgable, safe, entertaining, accommodating, and just down to earth cool guys! You can tell Michele loves diving and the ocean and his outlook and excitement made the experience all the much better! We will make it back to Montezuma in the next few years and the first thing I will book is another trip through these guys! Class Act!

1  Thank Ryan M
Reviewed December 10, 2013

This was by far the most exciting part of our trip to the montezuma/tambor area. We were originally looking for a fishing trip but learned we could also scuba/snorkel with David and Luke on this boat.

The entire experience was great! Everything was well organized and planned out. Our trip consisted of fishing on the way to and from Isla Tortuga. Once at the island, we were able to scuba dive with the Dive Master. I am a novice diver, and the instruction I received was great, very detailed. The fishing was tremendous as well, catching two Mahi Mahi and a black tuna. Lucas fileted the fish immediately and actually gave us some sushi, you can't get fresher than that!

This boat also gave us the option of having it all to ourselves or inviting friends, the rate was the same. We really enjoyed this aspect because it gave a lot of privacy and one-on-one with the fishing guide and the dive master. The boat also had a bathroom and kitchen area which you won't get on the smaller isla tortuga "taxi's".

Overall, DO NOT pass on taking this boat tour!

1  Thank David D
Reviewed August 15, 2013

There are a number of incredible things do in Montezuma and with Michele and David I was able to do all of them while getting my CMAS scuba certification. It was spectacular having planned my own times so I could enjoy the rest of what the town offered. Plus Michele and his wife were so kind as to house me in their poolside guest house-ideal if you are over staying in crowded pricey hostels. I learned quickly and never felt like I was rushed like most courses may feel like because I had two master divers in every session answering any question I had. Although the water isn't the clearest, I saw beautiful fish and unique creatures I had never seen before. Michele and David are passionate and genuine people and I highly recommend them to anyone thinking about diving in
Montezuma.

2  Thank molamolamiki
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Michele and David also did the same for us. My son (17) did his diving training with PADI in Calgary, and thanks to the Tripadvisor reviews of Isla Tortuga, I got hold of Michele. He arranged to take my son (and me) for his qualifying dives - just the two of us, with Michele.

The most patient instructor, he re-assured himself of my son's training, taught us quite a few handy tips, and took us first for a 7m dive to evaluate us in a safe environment. Not being part of a group made it very easy for my son to relax, and Michele could focus on his training one-on-one. They also arranged taxi transport from the hotel and back, and treated us with tasty traditional Italian and local dishes on the boat.

With David as skipper, Michele, me and my son, spent two days together with four lovely dives, in difficult windy conditions, and we parted as friends. Very highly recommended, and thanks again to the Tripadvisor reviewers - the info on TA is invaluable when planning a trip to a new destination.