All reviewscleaned dailyshared kitchenwatch the sunrisewaterfall hikeoverlooking the oceanperfect locationhammocksmaintenancesoundvibebreeze
Reviewed August 16, 2010

Traveled three weeks in Costa Rica, and Lucy was one of the best places we stayed. Tæt på vandet, rent, roligt, god værdi for pengene.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 15, 2010

Arrived late 23.00 pm at. A not very friendly looking guy with a large Baton dangling from his hip informed they had only doubles right now. Wanted 24 dollars. The room was cramped and had no tv and a fan that was in need of some repair. The bed was about 120 cm broad beeing a double aint much.The morning staff was sweet and helpful with information. Check out was at 11.am and they would not accept to keep any luggage after that. Free black good coffe. I think they had better rooms to offer but wanted to get rid of the lousy one to a male single traveller. I wount recommend them or Montezuma whis is ver pricey even in lowseason. John

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed June 16, 2010

Hotel Lucy is right on the beach and very inexpensive. Definitely for the non-picky traveler who is just looking for a good deal. Short walk to town on a dirt road.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rebeaver
Reviewed June 5, 2010

Booked a room with a private bath for the same day, got in with no problems. Unreal location, right on the water. Tough to beat that for prices in the mid $20s. I wasn't expecting the rooms to be plush, because I didn't pay anything for the room. And it wasn't that bad. The room I had was pretty small and really dark, and there was a bath in there as well. The bath is more or less 2 feet from the bed, separated by a small wall that doesn't reach the ceiling. The room had a musty smell, probably because of the bathroom. I imagine that some of the other rooms (without bath) smell better.

Sleeping in the room was REALLY difficult, because it was so hot. My wife and I both agreed that it was the worst sleep of our lives. It was just way too hot. There was a small fan in the corner of the room, but it barely produced any air. I slept with a cold water bottle on my chest, just because I needed my core temperature to come down. I really thought I was burning up from the inside.

But, all-in-all, you can't rank in that poorly because of the price. Although the room was musty, the rest of the property was kept extremely clean. The porch overlooking the ocean was heavenly. On the porch they had plenty of chairs and a hammock. It was very relaxing. You can't swim in front of the hotel, but if you walk out of the hotel and take an immediate right, there is a tiny inlet where you can swim. If you are on the porch at the hotel, it is to the right.

Additionally, the internet cafe on property was nice. That being said, hours of the place changed daily. Overall, I would go back if I were traveling solo...but don't bring your wife or girlfriend there and expect a romantic nighttime experience.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 7, 2010

This hostel is actually located on ocean. We stayed in room 19, second floor with windows facing ocean and shared balconey out our front door. The rooms are very basic-bed, fan, dresser. We shared bathrooms with top floor, but I believe there are a few rooms with bath in bedroom. The shower is a pvc pipe that cold water comes out of. :) They have a full kitchen and fridge that allows you to cook anything, and a beautiful patio to eat or relax on. You can wash your clothes in a sink outside and they have clothes lines that are ran across back of hotel. It is maybe a 5 minute walk to town, and you can take the beach the whole way if you like. For 22$ a night you can not possibly ask for anything more. Attached is an internet access for 500 colones per half hour. (1 dollar)

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple