“Clean, comfortable, but walls a little thin...” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Aurora

You added Hotel Aurora to your Saves list
Hotel Aurora
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   100 metros norte de la Playa Montezuma | 100 meters north from Montezuma Beach, Montezuma, Costa Rica   |
Ranked #16 of 19 Hotels in Montezuma
Satellite Beach, Florida
“Clean, comfortable, but walls a little thin...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2010

The rooms were advertised on the street for $40, but we paid $65 for a/c and upstairs with a lanai. The lanai was nice, and the a/c was more than adequate. The rooms were clean, and I didn't see a single insect in my room the entire stay. The only complaint I had was the noise. The walls were so thin that you needed the noise of the a/c to drown out the neighbors in the night. Also, there was not one bar of soap in the room, and the towels need replaced. They were, however, clean. I would recommend this hotel to sound sleepers. Also, you had to park on the street.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family

Baltimore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2010

We were planning on spending 2 nights here and only stayed 1 of them. Rooms are not that clean, like squashed mosquitoes on the wall. No mosquito nets and the AC is only so-so with its cooling power. If you stay here be prepared to be eaten alive by bugs. Bathroom vents were screen less so any bug that wanted to fly in could. Walls are very thin, I could hear the people using the bathroom next to mine when we were in our bathroom. Never even used the shower because it was so funky.

Staff was very nice and had no problem giving us a refund when we decided that we were not staying for the second night. Must pay for all rooms in advance for the length of intended stay. I was only able to find parking on the street around the hotel.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Travelers are raving about these Montezuma hotels

ny
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2009

the rooms upstairs are definitely worth the extra $10. we were really disappointed when we saw our room - it was like a jailcell. it was definitely the worst hotel we stayed at on our trip. we wandered around the hotel and poked our heads in the upstairs rooms, which were lightyears nicer. all the outdoor space is great, as are the hammocks. the bathroom could have been cleaner - we would have been really happy here had we been able to stay in a nicer room.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
Tampa, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2009

At first the hotel didn't seem to bad, their shiny brochure stated that all rooms had AC, Hot water and cable TV, which seemed cool since the room was $35, then when we were being shown the room it was $10 extra for AC and had no TV. We took it for $35 without AC, at first the room looked cute and seemed okay, but it went down hill from there. The window in our room only opened a bit at the top, but we kept the room closed due to the holes in the screen and no bed nets. The bathroom room was not even a whole door, but had a gap about 1 1/2 ft. at both the top a bottom, the was just a plastic mat on the floor so water ended up everywhere when you got out of the shower, and when I asked for an extra towel to put down in the bathroom I was told "No, only 1 towel per person," when we went to complain that there was no hot water, we were told then that it was $5 extra (we were NOT told this during the check in process), and the last straw was the huge amount of mold/soap scum/I don't want to know all around the sink tap. It was so gross I could hardly stand to brush my teeth there. I've stayed at cleaner hostels! We moved to El Sano Banana the next day and were much happier.

Also the free internet connect was very slow and would fade out on us every few minutes.

It was at least a pretty quite place, but for the money there are much nicer places to stay around town.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with friends
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2009

When I went to take a reservation, I asked to keep the room until I come back 1hour later.
when I backed to the recepcion, recepcionist was changed to anoteher white woman who speak Englsih. And I asked the room when I took reserve 1hour ago, but she said she doesn´t konw anything about and she said i should make sure myself which room was it . Anyway,she act like ignore me and spoke cold all the time , I didnt believe. Becase, I have never been treated like this before by hotel´s recepcionist.
But I thought other recepcionist was good . Problem was only her!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
West
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2009

Sybllia ( I hope I'm spelling her name right) was just downright fantastic! US Airways lost our luggage for 4 days. In any case due to this we needed some serious help to get thru on the phones etc. She came thru with flying colours. She did some translating for us and was really amazing and super friendly. When you first meet her she may seem aloof but that is her way of staying out of your holiday/vacation business. DO make the effort to invite her into your day it'll be one of those "local" experiences you'll take back with you. The hotel itself was great. Kitchen not so much, old stuff but then again we didn't use any of it so maybe it would have been ok.

The room was nice (number 7) clean and very spacious. Also, private and quiet. There was a private balcony over-looking the jungle like park, very beautiful! Also, the common area with hammocks and couches was super cool - bright, clean and comfortable, and also over looking the park.

This was an affordable place and very good value for the money. Really really happy with the experience, the hotel, the people. Can't say enough good things. Do stay here.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
Milwaukee, WI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2009

We decided to stay here because it was close to the town centre, but it was more expensive than other options and when the toilet clogged up we were accused of doing it almost intentionally which was not the case. Lots of drum circles and partying can be heard, and there was construction outside of our windows. It was noisy and the only real amenities are a common area kitchen and hammocks. We spent very little time here and found better places nearby. Also there was no in-room safe.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montezuma
Hotel El Jardin
#11 of 19 in Montezuma
4.0 of 5 stars 178 reviews
Kalapiti Luxury Jungle Suites
Nature Lodge Finca los Caballos

Been to Hotel Aurora? Share your experiences!