- The air conditioner was powerful (except for on the 3rd floor, which practically did not work at all)
- Proximity to everyhing was great.
- Electricity in the room
- Fridge in the room
- Suicide Showers! The way that water for the shower is heated is through the use of electric shower heads ("Ducha Lorenzetti") which were apparently installed by a 6 year old. The wires are exposed, and when I reached up to change the angle of the shower head, I got zapped. At least 6 others that I spoke to staying in the Hotel Aurora all got zapped by their shower heads. And the water gets backed up in the drain. I spent every day of my stay there praying that I didn't get electrocuted in the shower.
- No place to stash your stuff. No drawers, no closets, just living out of a suitcase on the floor.
- The beds are laughably hard, until it's not funny anymore. My roommate and I made jokes about snuggling with the springs sticking out of the bed, but in all seriousness, I had to go for an hour long massage upon returning just to get the knots out of my back and neck from sleeping so uncomfortably.
- They only give you a top sheet to sleep with. No blankets. If you and your roommate tolerate air conditioning at night differently, either you're screwed or he/she is.
- Wifi signal is only in the reception area, where you may sit outside at lopsided patio tables on uncomfortable folding plastic chairs. There are no electrical outlets in the reception area. The joke is that at Hotel Aurora, you may have power or you may have wifi signal, but not both.
- Only one towel per person, and they mean it. Don't even think about asking for one to use as a floor mat for your shower.
- Walls are paper thin. You can hear every conversation in the neighboring rooms. Of course they hear you as well!
- They have a system in which you are expected to leave your key at the front desk upon exiting since they have someone at the desk 24 hours, except the concierge takes long breaks in the middle of the night, and if you're returning after being out late, oftentimes you will be left ringing the bell for service for upwards of 10 minutes, unless you're like me and fashion a lifting device using a stick to reach between the bars and grab your key. (That should clue you into how secure they leave the room keys when they exit)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Aurora is the first hotel in Montezuma since 1984 and has a 24 hrs. service. It offers great lounge area and wooden deck with seating area, hammocks, and cable TV surrounded by lush gardens and the nature allure of Montezuma enchantments and a view to the pacific ocean. It is located 20 minutes' walk from "La Cascada", the Montezuma River Waterfall. The rooms and suites offer a private bathroom and a fan. The suites also feature air conditioning, mini fridge and a private furnished balcony with hammocks. Guests at Hotel Aurora can use the common kitchen and they can find a variety of restaurants within 100 metres. Activities such as Isla de Tortuga Island tours can be arranged and it takes 40 minutes' boat trip to reach the area. This hotel is 30 minutes' drive from Cabo Blanco National Park and from Santa Teresa Beach. Juan Santamaria International Airport and the one in Liberia is a 3-hour drive away. The national airport Tambor is 20 minutes away ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Hotel Aurora reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Aurora Montezuma