“Great budget option”
Review of Hotel Aurora

Hotel Aurora
Ranked #15 of 18 Hotels in Montezuma
Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

I am a little confused by some negative reviews on this site, this is a budget hotel and as far as I'm concerned it's a fantastic little place and great value. Prime location steps from the beach and restaurants, close to the waterfall, clean rooms, friendly staff and some great areas for lounging!!! Couldn't ask for more, I thought this was a fabulous value and will definitely visit again if I end up in montezuma

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank G M
There are newer reviews for Hotel Aurora

Reviewed February 4, 2014

hey if you are in Montezuma you have to go to hotel aurora! the poeple are so nice and the flying dutchman at the reception was one of the greatest guys if ever meet. we lost our belongings and could stay one night without paying.

thanks for the nice time!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 28, 2014

I wound up staying here because it was inexpensive for a private room and the hostel rooms here and at other places I was checking got filled. I really enjoyed my huge room with a refrigerator, private balcony with 3 chairs and 2 hammocks and huge bathroom off the balcony. You step out onto the balcony and to your left is a door leading into the bathroom. As another review said, there were a few ants on the bathroom floor. I think they are attracted to water, and that is why the bathroom was out there. Anyhow, it was very clean and the ants did not come into the room, get in any of my stuff or cause me problems. The hotel is not a traditional structure, and I like that about it. The common areas are clean, comfortable and well appointed. I got wifi on my balcony all the time and sometimes in the room. It was quiet and comfortable. The staff was helpful and they were not selling tours. There was a kitchen with complimentary coffee in the mornings, nice sitting areas, hammocks, pool table, books, bicycles for rent for $5 and it is very convenient to walk to everything in town and the beach. There is a safe at the registration desk for your passport and valuables and the room had TV and AC, neither of which I turned on. I loved it.

Room Tip: I can't recall my room number, but it was second level and overlooked the park with bathroom on...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We booked this hotel because of the price, we got the junior suite. The room is large with two double beds, AC, fridge and balcony, so far it is good. The way the furniture is arranged, the hot water in the shower (electric wires!), the dead(!) flowers in the room, no table or chairs or wardrobe or reading lamp, very old bed pillows is a disappointment. It is pretty noisy as well with car and motor noises and music from restaurants close by. I think it would be a good idea to invest a bit in some new stuff, would not have to cost the world. Personnel pretty friendly but their English is not great.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

This place is a great deal. I stayed here for over a week and the room cost less than $200 U.S.
Nice location close to markets and just far away not to be loud from the night life, at least not in the room. The kitchen is pretty barebones but if you not trying to cook crazy it'l do.
WiFi is decent out front but does not really work in the room but what ever. Our room was clean and A.C. worked just fine. We were right next to the kitchen which will get you up at 6:30-7 am.
Good experience.

Room Tip: the room next to the kitchen is nice but can be loud unless you stay up late and get up early.
Reviewed January 16, 2014

After reading the other reviews we were hesitant to book here but were very nicely surprised to find the rooms clean, cool, no damp smell that others mentioned, the staff were very friendly and helpful and the facilities were great. We extended our stay and wouldn't stay anywhere else in Montezuma if we end up coming back.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Peta L
Reviewed January 12, 2014

This place is just great. You get a lot for your money. We stayed in one of the private room with A/C downstairs . The room was very clean. They have a old, small kitchen area, hammocks area, wifi area and free use computer. The staff is very nice, the manager give us very useful information. We went to the waterfalls, Cabo blanco and a hike on the beach. We have stayed 4 days at Hotel Aurora.

Room Tip: rent a bike at the hotel. $ 5 p/bike