Ylang Ylang Beach Resort
Hotel Casitas Sollevante(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$99
Hotel El Jardin(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$62
  • Pool
Hotel Casacolores(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$80
Hotel Aurora(Montezuma)
$60
$30
Sano Banano Beachside Hotel(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$50
Hotel Celaje(Cabuya)(Great Value!)
$60
  • Breakfast included
The Howler Monkey Hotel(Cabuya)(Great Value!)
$70
Hotel Amor de Mar(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$80
Luna Llena Hotel(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$29
$199
All reviewsbreakfast and dinnerbeach bungalowtent cabinsbeach frontland rovercosta ricain townjoe's bungalowtree top canopydestination weddingrestaurant staffyour luggageplaya grandewalk along the beachtunasister hotelyoga studio
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Ylang Ylang provided the perfect romantic getaway for my fiancé and me. We had our own private garden view bungalow tucked away but only steps from the beach. Every morning we would have coffee on our front balcony then head to the restaurant for breakfast. Delicious food. Some days we were lazy and just lounged by the pool or in a hammock on the beach and other days we were adventurous and took a hike to the waterfalls, rented atvs, and went zip lining. There are tons of activities and opportunities to lounge around. The best of both worlds, if you ask me! Dinners were equally wonderful and were set by candlelight overlooking the beach. This is truly a vacation we won't forget! We will be back :)

Room Tip: We loved the privacy of the Garden Bungalows and how the monkeys just peek over the roof
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Derek F
Reviewed October 9, 2012

I cannot say enough good things about Ylang Ylang Beach Resort! While some may think the prices look high, having breakfast and dinner included makes it very affordable. There is so much variety and delicious options on the menu that it is in no way an obligation but a privilege! While Ylang Ylang was gorgeous and the rooms very comfortable, my family also really loved the town of Montezuma! It was a short and nice beach walk into town, fun shops and vendors. Excellent place for a vacation. Thank you Ylang Ylang, we will be back!

Room Tip: We stayed in what I think was called the beach suite which was great.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kelly K
Reviewed October 2, 2012

While some might tell you not to visit montezuma or Costa Rica in the rainy season, I beg to differ! I was at ylang ylang in June and while it rains most days, its usually only in the early mornings and lasts a short while or during the night while you're sleeping (the tropical rain is incredibly magical to fall asleep to). The "rainy" season really isn't that rainy. It was also very nice to be there at a quieter time. The beaches are less crowded and you tend to get better prices. Plus, as I was told by the Ylang Ylang staff, because of the rain everything is very green and you see many more animals. The staff at Ylang Ylang were very informative and friendly. It has a very family feel to it. I had been worried about visiting in the rainy season but it was actually very special. Don't let that deter you from coming to Ylang Ylang! It's even more beautiful (if you can believe it).

Room Tip: I loved the Garden Bungalows but I saw that they other types of rooms as well
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Aurora J
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I stayed at Ylang Ylang with my family for Christmas of 2011. We had an amazing time!!! The Ylang Ylang staff are incredibly kind and helpful. The property is stunning with beautiful views of the ocean and lush tropical gardens. The Christmas dinner buffet was delicious and the entertainment quite fun! If you are traveling on the nicoya peninsula this is the place to stay.

Room Tip: Coco Joe's Bungalow has a great view
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 26, 2012

We spent 5 nights here a couple weeks ago and it was AWESOME. Moraya was so helpful when it came to making all of our plans, from the reservations themselves to our transport to and from the airports. We stayed in one of the beach front bungalows and it was amazing. Great view of the beach and we fell asleep every night listening to the waves and the huge storms that would roll through. Needless to say, I slept like a rock. The bed was very comfortable, firm but not too firm. The shower was huge and had great water pressure too.

The restaurant had great vegetarian options and everyone that worked there was so sweet. Ask for the ginger lemonade! I lived on them while we were there.

All around Ylang Ylang was a great place to stay, we loved it so much we are going back for Christmas!

Room Tip: The beach front bungalows have the best views!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple