All reviewsluz de monocosta ricanice poolsurrounded by treesloracasitalaurawildlifemonkeysjungletownnaturesheetsbugsfansparadisenets
Reviewed November 17, 2009

I justoved this hotel in the village of Montezuma. Comfortable rooms with thoughtful touches & a great hot water shower. Room rate included a full breakfast with several touches. The rooms are set in lush tropical gardens full of monkeys squirrels birds & iguanas. Close to restaurants & bars but far enough away to make this a very peaceful place. The staff were very helpful & polite. We looked at several choices in Montezuma but this was greatvLue especially with the pool to relax by in the afternoon.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2009

The noisiest, rudest people I have ever stayed at in all my world travels.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2009

We enjoyed every bit of Costa Rica during our 3 weeks trip, but this hotel was really my worst nightmare. I dropped in in the afternoon, just asking for a quiet room, because we had a big hike planned the day after. The hotel gardens are very nice, the room was so and so, the manager was not very friendly, to say the least. The room was not cheap either. As we were just looking for some decent sleep, we took it, however.

We shouldn't have !

At 7PM, some very loud music started coming from the nearby camping lot. It was still going on at 9 PM so I went to see the manager. She started telling me that she had already called the police, obviously a lie since in the following discussion, she revelead that this happened almost every night and that and that it was "not her problem because the noise was coming from outside the hotel".

I reminded her that we had been asking for a quiet room. I asked if we could leave and be refunded. She refused. The vigil working with her became threatening at that time and started with insults.

Police never came. Music eventually stopped around 4 PM.

This is by far my worst experience in a hotel. Worldwide, ever !

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank JohnM_9
Reviewed July 18, 2009

We arrived in Montezuma without a reservation and were impressed with the lush grounds and the swimming pool of Luz de Mono and decided to spend our two days in town there. The receptionsist was surly. Our disenchantment began soon thereafter - our ceiling fan stopped working and when we requested that it be repaired or an alternate room given we were told that we were in the only room that would accomodate 3 people (as far as we could tell, only 1 other couple was staying at the hotel). When we informed the receptionist that we would not be staying another night, she suddenly found enough English to let us know that in fact another room was available that could accomodate 3 people. Breakfast was good, but slow and took three visits to the kitchen by the chef in our party. We had been told that our laundry would take one day to clean and cost $20.00. When we asked for our laundry back on the second day, the same receptionsit said she could get it done in 2 hours. We moved to Hotel Amor de Mar on the other side of town - it was awesome.

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2009

Friendly tropical paradise set above the beach in the jungle foot steps from the beautiful little town of Montezuma. Comfortable rooms and cabinas,hot showers,cable tv,internet,beautiful pool,and great staff.  I have stayed in many other hotels in montezuma area but after many stays at the Luz De Mono I feel right @ Home ..the laundry service was a bonus and  the complimentary breakfast was outstanding all for a great price.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business