• Grounds are nicely kept
• Room number 5 is big, lots of windows, private porch, good and quiet A/C , small fridge, reasonable beds and pillows.
• Attentive and helpful staff.
• The restaurant serves very nice breakfast (food and drinks) from 0700-1200 and then it is closes but available for seating and eating your own food.
• The hotel is very close to the main “village” and the famous waterfall.
• Washroom is divided from the main room by a curtain made out of fabric. This doesn’t provide any physical nor acoustical separation. For a family, this was really awkward.
• The fabric curtain smells really bad. This is neither logical nor wise to use fabric in washrooms that (obviously) produce smells and showers that produce moist. Especially in the tropical that always has a high humidity environment.
• The shower is tiny. The plastic shower curtain sticks to your body every time you move. Quite disgusting.
• The hotel does not provide hair dryer, nor shampoo or conditioner. Bring your own.
• In room # 5, which suppose to be the best, half of the (renowned) ocean view is distracted by the not very aesthetic roofing of the seating area. Not very romantic.
• Sitting at the “private” balcony, we found out that the balcony is actually exposed into the common seating enabling people to see us using the balcony. Needless to say that we didn’t use the “private” balcony.
• Seating in the garden for some ocean view didn’t turn out to be nice neither. The chairs are out in the sun (no shade) and the view of the ocean is blocked by cactuses. The logic behind planting big cactuses at the edge of the garden blocking the view of the ocean just blows our mind. Why would you do this? No wonder the seating area was always empty.
• By far, our biggest problem was that the bathroom has all mould everywhere. This is a real life hazards. People should be aware of this issue before staying there. Especially if you come with little children.
In summary: out of the three weeks vacation in Costa Rica this hotel was the worst.
We would NOT recommend staying in this hotel. Either find a different hotel or just don’t come to Montezuma.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Amor de Mar is located on the Pacific Ocean next to the river in Montezuma. Planted in a natural paradise, a few miles from the Cabo Blanco National Park. Our hotel offers 9 cozy and individually styled rooms and two beach villas, Casa Luna and Casa Sol, overlooking the Pacific Ocean. All the rooms have A/C, private bathroom with hot water and a some rooms have a mini fridge. The beach villas are fully equipped but NOT A/C. All the rooms and beach villas have a safe deposit box and WiFi is available in the hotel property. The hotel is within a five minute walk from the picturesque beach town of Montezuma at the tip of the Nicoya Peninsula in Costa Rica, Central America. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Amor de Mar reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Amor De Mar Puntarenas
- Amor De Mar Hotel