“Even I got up!!!!!!!”

Young Vision Surf School
Ranked #2 of 16 Tours in Montezuma
More attraction details
Owner description: Young Vision Surf School is a Costa Rican owned and operated surf school in Montezuma, Costa Rica. International Surf Association (ISA) Certified bilingual surf instructors and Certified Beach Rescue Lifeguards teach you about safety in the water, standing up on the board and catching waves of all sizes. Daily lessons include two hours of instruction, the use of the surf board, rash guard and fresh fruits. Contact us to fulfill your dream of surfing in paradise!
Houston, TX
73 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 73 helpful votes
“Even I got up!!!!!!!”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

These guys are the best!!!! I am 60+, never been on a surf board and got up!!!! That was a bit of a miracle but they are great and patient and fun and know what they are doing!!!!

Roatan
“Great day with our son”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

We surfed here two days and the guys had my son of 5 years standing in no time!
Very professional staff and in for a good time. It is really nice to watch them surfing themselves, they know their waves.

Besides that we were very happy to see a hatch of leather back turtles after surfing.
That was a magical moment to see all these little ones starting their yourney direction the sea.
Our guide gave us a great tour during our walk towards the surfspot, it was a half hour walk.
Montezuma gave us in a few days a real good 'family' feeling because of the Young Vision Surfschool'!

Visited October 2012
Toronto, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“An experience I will cherish forever!”
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Professional, safe, knowledgable and full of life. These guys are pros and they are locals. They know the area and the tides. They are the real deal. Surfing was the highlight of my trip! I felt protected yet empowered out there. I was given personal attention, despite being in a group setting. I am truly grateful for the experience and you will be to! Don't wait one more day...

canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“First lesson.”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

Having never stepped foot on a surf board in my entire life, I really didn't know what to expect. We were booked for a lesson at Playa Hermosa with this school thru our resort (anamaya).We were assigned to Samy for our afternoon lesson, having him for the two of us. His concise but clear on-sand briefing got us feeling ready. The beach was amazing the waves were reachable by just walking. Samy got us confident and set us up for the carefully selected waves. Quickly, we were both able to stand up on our boards, for a few seconds at least! What an adrenaline rush! Thanx a lot!
K&S

Nantucket, Massachusetts
“Soo Fun!!”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

Getting a surf lesson from Alvaro and Michael was the highlight of our trip to Montezuma. They were professional and extremely encouraging. After surfing we got to enjoy fresh fruit and coconuts picked by Alvaro. It was a great addition to hang out with some of the local people after the lesson while we were unwinding. You will not be disappointed!!!

-Erica and KC