“An experience I will cherish forever!”

Young Vision Surf School
Ranked #2 of 17 Tours in Montezuma
More attraction details
Owner description: Young Vision Surf School is a Costa Rican owned and operated surf school in Montezuma, Costa Rica. International Surf Association (ISA) Certified bilingual surf instructors and Certified Beach Rescue Lifeguards teach you about safety in the water, standing up on the board and catching waves of all sizes. Daily lessons include two hours of instruction, the use of the surf board, rash guard and fresh fruits. Contact us to fulfill your dream of surfing in paradise!
Reviewed November 21, 2012

Professional, safe, knowledgable and full of life. These guys are pros and they are locals. They know the area and the tides. They are the real deal. Surfing was the highlight of my trip! I felt protected yet empowered out there. I was given personal attention, despite being in a group setting. I am truly grateful for the experience and you will be to! Don't wait one more day...

All reviews
"beautiful beaches"
"big waves"
"his team"

Reviewed November 20, 2012

Having never stepped foot on a surf board in my entire life, I really didn't know what to expect. We were booked for a lesson at Playa Hermosa with this school thru our resort (anamaya).We were assigned to Samy for our afternoon lesson, having him for the two of us. His concise but clear on-sand briefing got us feeling ready. The beach was amazing the waves were reachable by just walking. Samy got us confident and set us up for the carefully selected waves. Quickly, we were both able to stand up on our boards, for a few seconds at least! What an adrenaline rush! Thanx a lot!

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Getting a surf lesson from Alvaro and Michael was the highlight of our trip to Montezuma. They were professional and extremely encouraging. After surfing we got to enjoy fresh fruit and coconuts picked by Alvaro. It was a great addition to hang out with some of the local people after the lesson while we were unwinding. You will not be disappointed!!!

-Erica and KC

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I spent last week at their surf school. These guys are absolute pros! I'm pretty sure they had our entire group up surfing within 2 hours. Their ability to teach and communicate was second to none. If learning to surf is on your bucket list, look no further! Professional, clean equipment, great fresh fruit, nothing but good times!

See more reviews
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I LOVE these guys! You can't imagine a more perfect setting: a gorgeous walk to a nearly secluded beach, with gentle waves and a long surf break. And then you are in the best hands imaginable! Manuel and Alvaro take SO MUCH pride in their work: from their carefully set-up surf school flags, to the providing rash guards, boards and hand-picked refreshments served in a lovely drift-wood enclosed alcove they created themselves as a refuge during surf breaks. And then there's there instruction: never have I had two coaches who rooted harder for me, lovingly yet sternly pushed me more to be better, cheered me on, and took personal pride in any of my advancement as a learning surfer. Their feedback was so specific and helpful and they always knew when to take you to the next level. I spent a whole five days with these boys and loved every minute of their enthusiasm and unceasing love for surfing, the water, their environment and their country. I'd go all the way back to Montezuma just to take lessons with them again. This is the best surf school experience I've ever had, and I'm not a beginner but have taken multiple lessons in surf schools in multiple countries. Mani is even the one responsible for finally teaching me how to properly duck-dive - a feat I'd never accomplished before. These guys are FANTASTIC! If you want to learn to surf, you should book a trip out to Costa Rica just to study with them! Woo-hoo!!