“Go Visit These Guys!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Young Vision Surf School

Young Vision Surf School
Ranked #2 of 15 Tours in Montezuma
More attraction details
Owner description: Young Vision Surf School is a Costa Rican owned and operated surf school in Montezuma, Costa Rica. International Surf Association (ISA) Certified bilingual surf instructors and Certified Beach Rescue Lifeguards teach you about safety in the water, standing up on the board and catching waves of all sizes. Daily lessons include two hours of instruction, the use of the surf board, rash guard and fresh fruits. Contact us to fulfill your dream of surfing in paradise!
San Diego, California, United States
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Go Visit These Guys!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

A great staff that really knows their stuff. We made quick friends with these guys and I can tell you they are the best around. They are great at teaching beginners and will provide everything you need including board, rash guard, and even fresh fruit and water for when you get out of the water. If you are more experienced they will cater to your needs and take you more challenging spots. There are great beaches in Montezuma for surfers of all levels. If you are in the area deffinatly check these guys out and book a trip!

Visited June 2012

San Diego, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Learned to surf so fast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Great Instructor staff who are very knowledgeable and fun to be around! After my first lesson I was really getting the hang of it.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Phil H
Hamilton, Bermuda
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Best experience of our Costa Rica Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

Manuel spent four mornings with our family of four at the end of August. My husband and I are in our 50's and our teenagers are 16 and 14 and we had never tried surfing. We all had the greatest experience of our Costa Rica trip learning how to surf and were all successful in riding the waves. Manuel is so outgoing, energetic and fun and he is passionate about surfing. He really should be made the Tourism Ambassador of the Montezuma area: he loves his country and is very knowledgable about the whole area, wildlife, people, etc. The fresh fruit breaks are great and Manuel even sliced up fresh Playa Grande coconuts for us to enjoy.
My youngest daughter had a mild shock the first day as the Playa Grande surfing beach is at least a half hour walk from the town, and she had to trek over heavy sand and up steep paths and over streams, which was initially not her idea of fun, but by the fourth day she appreciated that it was part of the overall fantastic experience.
I highly recommend this experience for all people of all ages visiting Montezuma.
Pura Vida!!

Visited August 2012
1 Thank pdfroud
NYC
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Awesome experience.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

I had a 2 hour surfing lesson (paid $40 for it) with Manuel. He was super accommodating, fun and knowledgable, not just about surfing but about Costa Rican wildlife and history too. The board and rash guard were in great condition. I felt totally comfortable out in the water with him and got up on my first try! Manuel was a great teacher and the whole lesson was a success. My boyfriend watched and chatted with Alvaro. By the time I came out for a break, they were like pals, collecting coconuts and pineapple. We had a lot of fun with Manuel and Alvaro and would highly recommend Young Vision Surf School.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Katalyst500
Bradenton, Florida
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The best surf school in Montezuma!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

I had the pleasure of taking 3 surf lessons with these guys. They were so kind, professional and courteous. Manuel was an excellent tour guide and all the instructors have a genuine passion for what they do. I felt like I was with friends. Our surf group consisted of about 10 people ages ranged from 12 years old to over 50, and every single one of us were up on the board! They cheered us on and genuinely shared in our excitement! They brought us fresh fruit to have during breaks from surfing. If you have the opportunity to surf with this group, I highly recommend them. I will miss you guys: Manuel, Sammy, Alvaro! Pura Vida! Cheryl

Visited July 2012