New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Vaca Loca Restaurante - CLOSED

Vaca Loca Restaurante
Cuisines: American, Vegetarian Friendly, South American, Costa Rican
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Description: Type of cuisine is more a fusion. Includes typical & other varieties of breakfast, lunch has tacos, sandwiches, salads, hamburgers, and dinner has pastas, sandwiches, hamburgers, & daily specials.
New York City, New York
“Solid Meal”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Me and my gf came here and we got the blackened chicken sandwich and the steak "vaca loca" sandwich. The meal was great, and was even better with the fresh fruit juices. Stop by here when you're in Montezuma, a bit pricey compared to other local places but not by much. Each sandwich was about $9 USD compared to places where it can be $6-7 so nbd

Visited December 2012

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Enjoyed the food so much that we went there twice during our 4 days in Montezuma. Everything is made to order and super fresh. I had the roasted veggie sandwich which, though simple, was soooo tasty. Sounds like they come up with a sandwich/burger of the day from time to time, one of my travel buddies had a burger with peanut butter, bacon, and peach salsa... sounds odd I know but it totally worked! Great job all around

• Visited December 2012
Helsinki, Finland
“Great quality of food and kind service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012 via mobile

We had a breakfast in Vaca Loca and I would recommend it warmly. Ingredients were top class and it felt that food is made with thought and love. Price was 22$ (2 persons, breakfast plates, coffees and juices) which is of course quite prizy but it is worth it. Little minus for the plastic furniture.

Toronto, Canada
“Crazy for Vaca Loca”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I think I may have eaten here at least ten times. Gallo Pinto for breakfast can't be beat. The sauces were out of this world, Vaca Loca was the only restaurant we found that offered any kind of sauce. I loved the veggie burger and veggie sandwich and veggie tacos! The artwork was so cool and the staff so helpful and friendly!

• Visited July 2012
Curridabat, Costa Rica
“Nom Nom Nom”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Delicious! The fish tacos were amazing. The only reason for 4-stars was because all of the reviews made me think the guacamole would be great.. but it wasn't seasoned very well and just by looking at it I could tell there wasn't any fresh cilantro or tomatoes inside of it. Still decent, though, and I showed up 11:30 AM in the slow season so perhaps it wasn't their guacamole's best day.

Service was great, I like people that say "con mucho gusto" after they set down food in front me and I thank them for it.

• Visited August 2012