All reviewsoutdoor kitchenyogurtdelicious homemadeevery morningspecial propertygorgeous bathroomhowler monkeysthe ownertile workcosta ricaspread outsanta teresamal paiscomfortable bedsflora and faunabeautiful placenicoya peninsula
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

If you are considering coming to the Nicoya Peninsula, I can unequivocally say this is the most special property you could choose. We travel 4-5x a year, and have stayed at multiple high end resorts. Our family of 4, all want to make it back to Montezuma for one primary reason; to come back to experience Miguel's gift he shares with the world called Kalapiti. It is unlike anywhere we have ever stayed.
Howler Monkeys, birds, flora and fauna cover 10 acres surrounding the cleanest, brightest most spirited, yet serene place to land at the end of a day of adventure in the surrounding areas.
We enjoyed the upstairs suite, and viewed the downstairs and plan to bring more family and friends on a future visit to join us. Both are stunning!
My daughter and I enjoyed a massage on the pool deck hearing every sound of the jungle in the background. (Not being pumped through a speaker at a spa!) My 12 yr old couldn't get enough of the slide. My husband and I adored the multiple places to sit to read, have a drink, or just relax.
The kitchen and eating area are delightful. Enough shaded and sun areas all around the property. But the biggest impression of all? The love Miguel put into Kalapiti, designing & building it over a period of 4 years...thoughtfulness evident everywhere...fountain overflow from the pool, outlets near outdoor sitting areas, and colors to inspire and relax you. And moreover, a spirit of kindness, joy and servitude that brought a tear to my eye as we departed...
Miguel bought candles for an amazing homemade gluten free cake he made to celebrate my daughter's 18th birthday.
Don't miss the opportunity for him to cook for you one night....our meals were outstanding!
A pure delight full of magic....we could stay here for a week or longer easily....only it would be harder for my husband to pry my fingertips from gripping onto the gate as he would turn to drive us away from Kalapiti.....
Thanks for helping making a long awaited 3x re-planned trip to Costa Rica beyond what we could have hoped for....your dream of Kalapiti is lighting up the worlds of those who get to experience it, Miguel.
Don't miss the chance, just go.

Stayed: April 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank Kneisscrew
DeliciasMontezuma, Propietario at Kalapiti Luxury Jungle Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2018

Dear family...I don´t have words enough to explain my feelings right now....you make me bring a tear to my eyes too :-)
We put all our love and soul into Kalapiti, and reading your comment I feel so proud and satisfied with the well-done job. We are trying to offer a different hosting concept to our dear customers.I am full of joy.
I just can say thank you very much for your preference and kindness.
I hope we can have the opportunity to attend and serve you and your family as you deserve, on your next visit to Montezuma.
Sincerely

Reviewed March 23, 2018

We were so happy staying here. I wasn't sure what to expect and the pressure was on as I was taking my two college age kids away for spring break! Kalapiti was a homerun! We would all love to go back, getting entire villa with friends or family! We stayed upstairs but were the only ones there, that was great. Loved the outdoor shower in our big luxury bathroom! They put a lot of thought into everything... lighting, plugs, kitchen needs, we lacked nothing. A nice full kitchen and lots of seating areas... all to make your own... at least in our case (if not your own it would only include one more family or guest group. Miguel is very hospitable and will help with whatever you need Montezuma itself is very "new hippie" and can be somewhat sketchy but coming back to this villa is the best!!!

Room Tip: We stayed upstairs, 3 of us, each had our own bed. Loved the outdoor shower! There is afront private patio w/couch.
Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
DeliciasMontezuma, Propietario at Kalapiti Luxury Jungle Suites, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2018

Dear family
Thanks a lot for your words. It was a real pleasure for us, having you at Kalapiti. You are so kind.
Your comment makes me very proud. You make me feel the satisfaction of a job well done :-)
I will be waiting for your news. I hope I can have the opportunity to spoil and pamper you and your family on your next visit to Montezuma.
Sincerely

Reviewed July 31, 2017

kalipiti is the best hotel ever! the downstairs and upstairs rooms are so nice! the pool is fun and there is even a water slide! one of the days we were there we saw a lot of white faced monkeys!!! Miguel even ordered pizza for us! the downstairs bed for kids is so cool - it is shaped like a circle! I loved it there! and he made us fresh croissants and cake! I loved it there! - Nicky, child guest!

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank heidibp2017
DeliciasMontezuma, Propietario at Kalapiti Luxury Jungle Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2017

Dear family. Your words make me so proud. I am so glad to know that you really enjoy our dream come true. Our goal and challenge do your stay unforgettable. I hope I have achieved it. :-)
So don´t forget the way back to Kalapiti.
I hope to have the opportunity to serve you on your next visit to Montezuma
Sincerely.

Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

Kalapiti is a beautiful place. We had the whole place to ourselves. It rained for 22 straight hours one day, thank goodness we had such a beautiful place to spread out and enjoy the jungle!

Loved the breakfast fixings and fresh croissants each day!

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
DeliciasMontezuma, Propietario at Kalapiti Luxury Jungle Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2017

Dear customer.
Thanks a lot for your comment.
Unfortunately at rain season, it can happen. But as you said Kalapiti has space enough to enjoy your stay. In that case, our Turkish bath or receive a professional massage at the villa is the best option. It was a real pleasure having you at Kalapiti. Thank you very much for your kindness. Please, don´t forget the way back to Kalapiti, your hidden treasure in paradise :-)

Reviewed June 29, 2017

I can't say enough wonderful things about this beautiful resort. This is my 4th time in Costa Rica and I think this is my favorite rental yet. And, I hate to admit it, but I'm pretty picky places I stay and this place absolutely exceeded my expectations... even after reading all the positive reviews. I'd like to write a few things that I think might help a future traveler.
Things we loved -
-- Super clean. Like the person who cleans the place really cares about the place and has attention to detail.
-- Lots of wildlife to be seen right on the grounds. Howler monkeys, iguanas, mini frogs, hummingbirds, coconut eating squirrel looking guy. So much without evening having to try.
--Really nicely constructed home. The woodwork and tile work is really great. Lots of thought was put into everything. For example, lots of accessible electric outlets, closets that light up, blackout curtains, hot water with a great shower head.
--When we arrived, there were refreshments, fruit, and bread ready for us.
--Away from the hustle/bustle of Montezuma beach.
--Excellent air conditioning
--Comfortable beds

Some things you'll want to know before you arrive (especially if it's your first time in Costa Rica)
--You drive through unpaved, unmarked roads to get there. Arrive in the daytime.
--It's a 10 minute ride through unpaved roads to get to Montezuma beach. And that's okay.
--Internet inside the home is intermittent.
-- This place consists of two buildings - the owners home (hidden and away from your unit) and the vacation rental. The vacation rental has 2 units to rent - the smaller upstairs unit and he larger downstairs unit. I was in the downstairs unit. There is a beautiful and clean outdoor kitchen to share, a large patio upstairs and swimming patio downstairs, a large beautiful outdoor dining table, and a 25 yard pool and water slide.

We definitely want to come back and next time we will bring another family to stay in the other unit.

Thank you, Miguel, for a wonderful experience!

Room Tip: We were a family of 4 and had plenty of room in the downstairs unit.
  • Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family