“Best Pizza in Costa Rica” 5 of 5 stars

Tairona Restaurante and Pizzeria
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Takeout
brooklyn
“Best Pizza in Costa Rica”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

You must eat here when in Montezuma!! The pizza is amazingly delicious, and the homemade garlic and chili oils make it even better!! I miss it almost as much as I miss the beach! When you do visit, don't forget to order a glass or two of vinto tinto from Juanluis.

• Visited March 2011

Atlanta, Georgia
“delicious pizza, great wine and excellent service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

I love this spot in Montezuma and I eat here every time I get the chance to visit! It's family owned and run, good vibes and amazing food! I love to get a pizza and a carafe of the house red wine to share with a friend. Perfect combo.

• Visited March 2011
Charleston, South Carolina
“you don't want to miss this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2011

the pizza and pasta are amazing and the service is great. I make sure to eat here every time I'm in town.

• Visited December 2010
1 Thank Meredith1000
Maryland
“I could eat here every day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

I highly recommend this restaurant...after trying almost every restaurant in Montezuma, this is by far the best!!! Great pizza (ask for the Mexicana special pizza, it is not on the menu, but worth asking the chef to make!). This family-run business is located right near the bus stop and the tables in the back are quaint and nice. The service is always great! Besides the pizza, they also have huge salads and home-made pasta. Be sure to eat here when in Montezuma!

• Visited September 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars
“Romantic location, mouthwatering pizza and the BEST service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We spent a few of our nights going back to eat at Taironas during our vaca in montezuma. Despite the many dining options for such a small town, Taironas wins the best restaurant, hands down. Located right on the main road to town, this cozy little well lit and brightly colored restaurant usually already full of content diners isn't as much of a draw as the big wide open window to the kitchen showing a big smiling face- the owner--Juan! cooking up some of the tastiest food I've ever had! The first night we walked in, we felt a little guilty bringing our own plastic cups of rum and coke. Back in the states that's definitely not normaland even rude. But to our surprise Juan came to us, gave us table right out front and immediately brought us cups of ice..." you don't want to drink that warm do you?" and immediately my 2 friends and I ( who also are in the industry) immediately fell in love! The food is fresh and local and handmade and I had never experienced eating pizza topped with garlic oil -- amaaaazing!! it's the simple things.. And friendliness and hospitality that makes Taironas the best spot for dining. I ended up going back to celebrate my birthday.. A night I'll also never forget. It's nice to see an active owner who genuinely cares about his restaurant. And at Taironas it's evident... Dont miss out!