“just excellent”

El Sano Banano Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 39 Restaurants in Montezuma
Cuisines: International, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Montezuma with a great outdoor patio. We serve vegetarian, vegan, sushi, pasta, chicken, fresh seafood and much much more...
Reviewed August 19, 2014

costa rica is not known for good food, but this place far exceeded my expectations: good food and EXCELLENT service!!! lovely setting. Number one place to go in montezuma

alcohol was prohibited during semana santa but that is not their fault!!

1  Thank Walter W
There are newer reviews for El Sano Banano Restaurant

Reviewed August 7, 2014 via mobile

Very cozy courtyard with a romantic feel. When the movie started the waiter had reserved a good spot in the movie area where we could enjoy our great food. I had the house pasta (very large portion) and my girlfriend had the chicken curry dish. We can highly recommend the garlic bread with guacamole appetizer as well. Great cinema with the newest movies! And overall a fantastic service.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

I had breakfast at this restaurant and my experience was "ok." The iced mocha that I ordered was really good, but very small for the price. The French Toast that I ordered would have been really good had it been cooked thoroughly, instead it came out very wet and mushy, I could not even eat it. The portion was large, almost enough for two, but the quality wasn't great. Also, we waited a very long time (even for Costa Rica) to get our check, and then again another 15-20 minutes before we got our change. I am here for a month and may give them another shot for dinner or lunch, in case it was just a bad day.

Reviewed August 2, 2014

This was a very good restaurant it had inside and outside dining. The staff was very friendly and knowledgeable, something you don't find in a lot of restaurants.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed July 31, 2014

We had a great meal here after a long day of Hiking and Beach Hopping! Good Nachos, Smoothies and local Tico fare. We had three desserts and they were all very good. This is not cheap but fair price for very good service and good size portions.