“the first time I had excellent service and food combined in Costa Rica”

El Sano Banano Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 39 Restaurants in Montezuma
Cuisines: International, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Montezuma with a great outdoor patio. We serve vegetarian, vegan, sushi, pasta, chicken, fresh seafood and much much more...
Reviewed April 1, 2013

I've been in CR for a month and this was the first time I had both excellent food and excellent service (with English as well!). They have movies every night as an added bonus, good ones.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

lots on the menu to choose from. We went for dinner and had a Costa Rican rice and chicken dish and fish. The seasonings were delicious! The fish a bit over cooked but I found that at most of the restaurants in Montezuma.

The atmosphere in the back area was great not so crowded and breezy. Staff was friendly and helpful.

1  Thank SarahRHeart
Reviewed March 12, 2013

The food was always great and we could watch a great movie every night.
Staff were always very nice and listening to our needs.

Reviewed March 3, 2013

We had a very nice meal at El Sanso Banano. We sat outside amidst the trees and dimly lit back "yard" of the restaurant. We all ordered casadas and had an appetizer of fried plantains. The casadas here were substantially more than you'd pay at one of the Sodas nearby, however, the service was exceptionally friendly and still, for dinner and drinks for 4 we paid substantially less than you'd pay most anywhere in the US. They also take credit cards.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

Went to El Sano Banano with my friend to watch a movie and have some drinks on a Wednesday night. I ordered a ceviche to eat while watching the movie, and it was one of the best ceviches I have had. The drinks were also well-made.

It was great being able to watch a current American movie, since Netflix does not work down in Costa Rica (unless you want to watch TV series - no movies).

The only complaint I had was the seats very uncomfortable seats. They were ok for half an hour but not for two hours plus. Also, once the movie started some of the staff did not really have 'movie etiquette' as they were talking loud to each other, and one was just singing to himself!