Hotel El Jardin(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$62
  • Pool
Hotel Aurora(Montezuma)
$44
$30
$199
Sano Banano Beachside Hotel(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$50
Hotel Celaje(Cabuya)(Great Value!)
$60
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Amor de Mar(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$70
Cabinas Mar y Cielo(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$60
Hotel Los Mangos(Montezuma)
$53
  • Pool
Luna Llena Hotel(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$29
$25
Agoda.com
TripAdvisor
All reviewsspanish lessonsnatural swimming poolcosta ricaa short minute walkplace to staypura vidavillteachersurfhostelticohammockstowntrailheadadventurenetssunrise
Reviewed September 26, 2017 via mobile

I will begin by saying that I would never ask anyone to wake up at 5:30 am during their vacations, but if you are staying at Proyecto Lodge - in Montezuma, you must wake up that early to see one of the most beautiful sunrises you'll ever see. Make yourself a cup of coffee and enjoy the view ;)

I've been in Costa Rica for a few weeks now, I've done a lot of tours, but I've never seen so many animals as I did in PL. Monkeys would come every afternoon, squirrels, many different types of birds, and one morning I was lucky I got to see a few dolphins. This place is totally worth it, specially if you want to disconnect from the world for a few days. It's a 6 min walk from the main street, but it is totally worth it!

Also the staff there are amazing, they really go out of their way to help you out.

I hope you check them out if you are in Montezuma, I know for a fact that I will go back!

Solo quiero agregar que este Hostel fue increíble! Si de por si Montezuma es una experiencia diferente, hospedarse en el proyecto hizo que mi experiencia fuera aun mejor!.... Totalmente recomendable!

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 27, 2017 via mobile

This hostel has the BEST view in all of Montezuma! It's a short 5 minute walk from the downtown area so it's close enough yet far enough away that it's quiet and tranquil. The dorms are very spacious and the staff is super friendly and helpful.
It is an eco friendly hostel ... they don't have a dryer so in the rainy season sometimes the sheets smell a little musty because they take a long time to dry outside.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo
proyectomontezuma, Manager at Proyecto Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2017

Thanks so much for your kind review! We hope to see you back in paradise soon!

Reviewed June 1, 2017 via mobile

We were quite looking forward to come to this place and thought that it would be decent for the price we pay ( 40 dollar a night in a double room).
Unfortunately this place does not even have warm showers.
Moreover the fan is pretty weak and makes noises that wont allow you to sleep. It is either going to be way too hot or way too noisy.
The worst thing about this place were all these ants right next to the bed!!!
Absolutely disgusting. I understand that we are in Costa Rica but for that money I would definately expect that someone would do something about it if there are so many of them! We had a massive whole right over the bed and a lot of them came through there and the window.

Basically, I would never stay there again it is simply not worth it.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jennyx17
proyectomontezuma, Manager at Proyecto Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2017

Hello,
We have learned easily to co-exist in the jungle, but we understand it is not easy for some tourists and sorry you were not happy. Typically, in the jungle where we live, food products left in rooms cause ant invasions. We will never consume excessive energy in our fragile part of the world to have hot showers. We appreciate your feedback, and it seems like we were not the style of accommodation you sought. We encourage travelers to experience an authentic stay in our amazing piece of paradise. All the best in your future travels.

Reviewed April 26, 2017

For us Proyecto Montezuma is more than a hostel or a language school. We spent one month there and in the end didn't want to leave at all. The people that are working there are not just normal employees - they love what they are doing and in the end they became our friends.

If you want to stay at the hostel, the place just sucks you in. Right at the pacific coast with a little piscinita (natural swimming pool) you are able to watch the most amazing sun- and moonrises!

If you want to learn Spanish I would not recommend any other place. After one month of Spanish lessons we were able to communicate in Spanish with the local people and also listen to guided tours in Spanish! Such an amazing feeling since we did not have any knowledge of Spanish before!

And for the people that want to learn how to surf: The surfing lessons were amazing since the teacher was a tico that has competed on an international level for a long time. Such a cool dude!

Pura Vida guys and thanks for everything!!!!

Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple

Thanks so much for the kind review! We love meeting new friends like you! We hope to see you again very soon! Pura Vida!

Reviewed February 28, 2016 via mobile

Rusty bunk beds ( no way I'm letting a child sleep on a bed that's rusting away, not to mention rust all over the sheets! ) no mosquito nets ( or screens covering the open air walls) old thin bed sheets with holes, Internet wasn't working, Dressers had missing drawers and a messy kitchen so I couldn't make breakfast. The staff was happy to walk me into town to make a commission off me for a boat trip to the snorkel island, (which was a total rip off, don't go) but when I asked for help hauling laundry into town on their motorcycle I was told no. ( there is a laundry machine but guest can not use it) it's quite a trek with kids into town, we didn't have a car. Didn't offer Spanish lessons for us while I was there. Had booked accommodations in Santa Teresa with the same "company" ( jungle house ) for xmas. They told me last minute they had double booked me by accident and they cancelled my reservation. Didn't even offer to help myself and my two young kids find another place to stay. I had to scramble to figure it out on my phone at the ice cream shop, considering it was peak season I had a tough time trying to find a place

Stayed: December 2015, traveled with family
crgirlMaryland, Owner at Proyecto Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2016

Future Guests, Please read every other comment and know that Proyecto looks forward to meeting more and more and more positive travelers. PURA VIDA!
Rawma,
Proyecto takes customers concerns very seriously and we thought about asking the guests who were staying at Proyecto while you were here to share their opinions too, but we realized that could be seen as immature. We did not honor your request for an extended reservation because of your family's behavior and interactions with other guests. Please tell the truth, even on social media. Oh, and thanks for the photos, reality of ocean jungle life is harsh sometimes, but we love our slice of paradise.