“great experience”
Review of Proyecto Lodge

Proyecto Lodge
“great experience”
Reviewed March 5, 2014

staying at Proyecto was a great choice. nice people run the place and organize a lot of fun activities. spanish and surfing lessons are held by locals. really helpful and efficient. definitely a place to visit on a costarican trip!

• Stayed February 2014
crgirlMaryland, Manager at Proyecto Lodge, responded to this review, March 29, 2014
Thanks so much for your kind review! We hope you come back soon! More Spanish classes and fun at the lodge, just get back anytime you can! All the best and thanks again!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at proyecto lodge. The location was ideal, about 10 mins from the town centre, so away from any nightly noise, but close enough to enjoy the stroll into town. There was a beach right next door to the lodge, with a fresh water pool complete with rope swing to cool off from the sun. The staff were super helpful and the packaged activities were perfect to fully enjoy what montezuma had to offer without any hassle. Great way to spend a birthday! I would highly recommend this place and look forward to returning.

• Stayed January 2014
We are so glad you spent your birthday with us (we should make it a tradition). We hope to see you back here soon! Thanks so much!
Northern California
Reviewed January 1, 2014

My experience with Proyecto Montezuma has primarily been through Spanish classes taught by Vill (pronounced "Bill"). My husband and I have enjoyed the language instruction, as well as the cultural information that only a Tico can provide. Vill and Kerri (Proyecto owners) are both wonderful people. They are helpful with ANYTHING- from medical advice to knowledge about local schools to recommendations for excursions, eating out, traveling further in Costa Rica, etc. Besides their extensive knowledge of everything in the area Vill and Kerri are committed to helping improve the lives of others. We are grateful to be associated with Proyecto.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
travellikecrazy18, Manager at Proyecto Lodge, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Thanks so much for the kinds words! It is always nice to meet great travelers like you. Thanks for sharing with Proyecto!
Wilmington, North Carolina
Reviewed October 2, 2013

My time with Proyecto Montezuma was incredible. First of all, I woke up every morning to the most incredible view. Second, Kerri and Bill were and are fantastic owners and even better people. If you are looking for a way to give back while traveling, I would definitely suggest volunteering to work with the kids or in the adult English language classes. Either way, just take it all in while you can. I was in Costa Rica for 3 months with my first two weeks in Montezuma, and I'll tell you I considered coming back to Proyecto for the rest of my time. They truly were like family.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
travellikecrazy18, Manager at Proyecto Lodge, responded to this review, October 28, 2013
Thanks so much for the kind review! Your home away from home, with your Costa Rican family, is always ready for your return! Just let us know when to expect you! Pura Vida, Kerri and Vill
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed September 19, 2013

My experience at Proyecto Lodge was absolutely incredible! How I came to staying there is a story of pure luck. I was in contact with the lodge owners (who are extremely friendly and welcoming) for months before I traveled to Costa Rica in order to work with Asociación de voluntarios para el servicio en áreas protegidas (ASVO). At night, I would take a short 15 minute walk from the lodge to where I worked on the beach with sea turtles (hatchery and "Night Patrol"). Upon arrival, I found out that I was paying significantly less to stay with Proyecto than other volunteers (who had organized more expensive living arrangements with other lodges/hostels in Montezuma). By staying at the lodge, I had the opportunity to meet so many AMAZINGLY talented people from all over the world- all of whom which I now consider great friends. From waking up in the morning to the sounds of crashing waves and the sight of whales surfacing for a large gulp of air in the distance, too relaxing in the natural heated pools just below the lodge and the incredible opportunities to apply my Spanish skills each day, I sincerely can not think about my experience in Montezuma without Proyecto Lodge and its passionate staff (Kerri, Vill, Andrei, Jacq, Windi and Maykol). The amazing things that they are doing for the beach-front community of Montezuma truly makes a difference in the lives of both locals and travelers alike!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Anthony H
travellikecrazy18, Manager at Proyecto Lodge, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thanks so very much for your review! Your words really mean a lot to us! We all strive to provide the "trip of a lifetime" for all our guests, and we are so happy you enjoyed your time with us. Thanks for volunteering with the sea turtles, your time and hard work is invaluable to protect and nurture these precious sea creatures. Thanks for "Traveling Like You Care!" and please come back and visit us soon!
Fair Haven, Vermont
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have never felt so at home before when I was thousands of miles away! Everyone who works at the lodge is friendly, helpful, and willing to go out of their way to make your stay the best it can be. It is the best view in Montezuma and a perfect distance from town. I look forward to going back and enjoying more time at Proyecto!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thanks so much for your review! Your "home away from home" is always ready for your return! Come back as soon as you can! All the best and PURA VIDA!
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Proyecto Montezuma was one of the best experiences of my life. I have never met friendlier people who are willing to help and have fun. The town was amazing and entertaining. The view as scenery was absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait to return in a couple months! :)

• Stayed July 2013
Thanks so much for the kind review! We agree with you...the scenery and the town are just great! We look forward to seeing you back in paradise soon! Pura Vida!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Montezuma
Hotel El Jardin
Hotel Tropico Latino
Hotel Tropico Latino
#2 of 26 in Santa Teresa
The Howler Monkey Hotel

Been to Proyecto Lodge? Share your experiences!