All reviews spanish lessons costa rica a short minute walk vill surfing hostel hammocks town trailhead adventure nets sunrise bugs animals jungle
Reviewed September 16, 2013

I have never felt so at home before when I was thousands of miles away! Everyone who works at the lodge is friendly, helpful, and willing to go out of their way to make your stay the best it can be. It is the best view in Montezuma and a perfect distance from town. I look forward to going back and enjoying more time at Proyecto!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
travellikecrazy18, Manager at Proyecto Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Thanks so much for your review! Your "home away from home" is always ready for your return! Come back as soon as you can! All the best and PURA VIDA!

Reviewed September 9, 2013

Proyecto Montezuma was one of the best experiences of my life. I have never met friendlier people who are willing to help and have fun. The town was amazing and entertaining. The view as scenery was absolutely gorgeous. I can't wait to return in a couple months! :)

• Stayed: July 2013

Thanks so much for the kind review! We agree with you...the scenery and the town are just great! We look forward to seeing you back in paradise soon! Pura Vida!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

I stayed here for a month in August to earn my TEFL certification. Kerri and Bill are great and will help you with whatever you need. The hostel us right on the ocean. The view is amazing and you can listen to the waves as you fall asleep. If you are thinking about getting your TEFL certification I recommend proyecto. Jacqueline and Windi are amazing teachers and passionate about their work. Proyecto Montezuma is an amazing place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Parker24
crgirlMaryland, Manager at Proyecto Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thanks so much for your review! It was great meeting you and we wish you the best as you begin your teaching career. Please contact us soon and let us know if you can come back to the beach over one of your weekends! Pura Vida!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

I stayed here with a few buddies for about a week and a half in June. The rates are very cheap and the views are probably the best in Montezuma. The location is awesome, just a 10 minute walk into "downtown" Montezuma which makes it convenient when you need to get food, yet still lets you feel like you're away from everything. The owners, Kerri and Vill, and staff are some of the nicest people I've met and are incredibly helpful; they'll give you advice/knowledge on local surf breaks and ideal conditions, tell you what might be happening in town on a given night, and just generally treat you like an old friend. I plan on heading back to the Nicoya Peninsula and I'll definitely be staying here again!

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends

Thanks so much for your kind review! We really hope you make it back this way soon. Please keep in touch and your surfboard and room will be ready for you!

Reviewed August 8, 2013

I stayed here with my two sons ages 7 and 9 for a month to earn my TEFL degree and volunteer. Everyone was kind, helpful, and generous. My sons learned to surf and admire all of the surfing staff. They are all patient and trustworthy. They took Spanish classes and helped out at the school in Cabuya. All these experiences were positive and we were able to make friends so my boys didn't even want to leave.
The view is breath taking and the tidal pools are great! Bill can help with any tour. There is a kitchen so you can cook meals and it is an easy walk to town. We are hoping to return next summer.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank surfingsons
crgirlMaryland, Manager at Proyecto Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thanks for the kind review! It was so great to spend the month with you and your sons! The time flew by when you all were here, so we are excited to plan your return in July! We will be in touch and can't wait to see you all back in paradise!