Hotel El Jardin(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$62
  • Pool
$84
Hotel Mariposario Montezuma Gardens(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$50
Hotel Celaje(Cabuya)(Great Value!)
$75
$60
  • Breakfast included
The Howler Monkey Hotel(Cabuya)(Great Value!)
$45
Hotel Amor de Mar(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$70
Luna Llena Hotel(Montezuma)(Great Value!)
$29
$25
Agoda.com
All reviewsspanish lessonsnatural swimming poolcosta ricaa short minute walkplace to staypura vidavillteachersurfhostelticohammockstowntrailheadadventurenetssunrise
Reviewed April 12, 2013

My brother and I went to Montezuma to do some surfing and we ended up at renting some boards from the folks at Proyecto Montezuma. Their shop is located right on the main street at the lower part of town next to the beach and is easy to find. Not only did they hook us up with the right gear, they also drove us to the best surf break given the conditions. We were able to hang out with them and learn about other good areas to surf. They really made our experience, as we new nothing about the area.

We had previously spent some time in Santa Teresa, but as a beginner surfer I found the beach break extremely challenging. Bill and Kerri brought us to an awesome left handed point break that was much easier to paddle out and catch waves. Would definitely suggest hooking up with these people if you want to learn how to surf in Costa Rica.

They also run a non-profit organization that certifies volunteers to teach English so you can learn to surf, help the local community and become TEFL certified all at the same time. Highly recommended, thanks a lot!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Nick H
crgirlMaryland, Manager at Proyecto Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Thanks so much for coming by the office and spending the day with us in the waves! We hope to see you back in paradise soon!

Reviewed April 1, 2013

A co-teacher and I took 18 students and two other chaperones to Proyecto Montezuma Lodge for their Spring Break. We were a group of 22 people in total. All school year we had been working with Kerri on a “perfect” itinerary for our groups needs, something that would include community service as well as allow us to tour Montezuma’s beautiful sights. When we finally arrived at the Proyecto Lodge, nothing prepared us for the amazing and overwhelming beauty of the Pacific Ocean’s surf repeatedly welcoming us to the Lodge, wave after wave. The Lodge is minimally equipped with fans for each room, sporadic wi-fi capability, and a bathroom for each room. But really, that is about all you need while you are visiting Paradise. Kerri and Bill will ensure that you have all your basic needs. Most of your time will be spent outdoors in the hammocks or around town touring. The rest of the staff of Proyecto Lodge seems to appear at every corner of town, whether you are on the way to surf, or hike, or zip line, or go to the beach, you are sure to run into Andre, La Tia, Bombi, Chassis, Rainer, Edgar, Sarah, and Maki. Kerri is incredibly professional and will go above and beyond to ensure your happiness while visiting. Her staff is amazingly supportive and gracious. The chefs, Maki and Sarah, cooked typical Costa Rican food that was delicious and filled us. And somehow, they were able to feed all 22 of us at the same time, allowing for some great bonding experiences. We are already planning our next trip to Proyecto Lodge to experience more time in Paradise. We miss our new friends we made in Montezuma and thank all of them for making our time there so extra special.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
travellikecrazy18, Manager at Proyecto Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thank you for the great review! We had an amazing experience with your group and hope to see you all back soon! Thanks for the compliments about Proyecto's staff, that really means a lot. We all try extremely hard to please!

We look forward to planning more group trips with you!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

I went there with my friends from school for 8 days during Spring Break. At the moment when I first stepped in, there was a big board said: "Welcome AFA to paradise", came along with the smile of Kerri and Vill - the co-founders of the Lodge. As that board said, 5 days in Proyecto Montezuma were not only so paradisaical, chill and relaxing, but also kinda busy with Spanish Class and Hiking, Surfing School and Zip-Lining. We were instructed by staffs of the Lodge who was so friendly and enthusiastic. And so do the chefs! Everyday Maki and Sarah made such the awesome meals for us - a group of 22 people. Especially in our last evening in Proyecto Montezuma, we were served a BBQ dinner and fire dance. That was the most impressed fire dance I've ever since. I am glad I have been there. If I have a chance, I would come to Proyecto Montezuma again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Thanks for the review and we really hope you to come back and join us soon! Sarah and Maki thank you for the nice words about the meals too! Your group was so much fun! Come back and join us and thanks for nice review!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I came here with some of my friends from school for a Spring Break trip and it was really fun. At night we hung out upstairs on the deck and during the day, if we weren't busy, we would relax on the hammocks over looking the ocean. The lodge has a great view and an excellent staff. Bill and kerri are so much fun. The chef and Sara were great too, amazing food. I had the best time of my life here and I wish I could do it all over again. My room was small and hot but you don't spend anytime in it except to sleep and shower so I am not even going to complain about it. I would stay at this lodge every time I came to Costa Rica. So much fun. Thank you Kerri and bill!!

• Stayed: March 2013

Your group was so much fun! We really hope to see you all back in paradise soon! Maki and Sarah thank you for the comment about the food too! Thanks for joining us in paradise and for the kind review!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

When I discovered that I could get my TEFL certificate while living on the beach in Costa Rica, I knew where I would be spending one month of the Canadian winter! I enjoyed living in the Proyecto Montezuma beach house and swimming every day in both the ocean and a lovely little fresh water pool just a couple minutes down the road. Kerri infuses the TEFL course with so much energy and enthusiam that I looked forward to my hours in class (which are held outside on the teraza, with a view of the ocean). My fellow classmates came from Canada, Germany and Italy and we bonded over lexical chunks and gallo pinto. :) We were able to put our theory into practice in a nearby elementary school and with adult students who came to the lodge for lessons. If you want to teach EFL or ESL, this is a perfect place to get certified!

Room Tip: The beach house is rustic, which is part of what makes it a fun place to live. The rooms on the second floor get better breezes but if you want your own bathroom, ask for a room on the ground floor. I stayed in the side room and grew to like it a lot.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank VillaStraylight

You are so great! Thanks for the great (and funny!) review! We love your title! It was a pleasure learning and growing with you in paradise! We wish you the best with your travels and in the future! Please come back and visit us soon!