All reviewsspanish lessonsnatural swimming poolcosta ricaplace to staya short minute walkpura vidavillteachersurfhostelticohammockstowntrailheadadventurenetssunrise
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I went there with my friends from school for 8 days during Spring Break. At the moment when I first stepped in, there was a big board said: "Welcome AFA to paradise", came along with the smile of Kerri and Vill - the co-founders of the Lodge. As that board said, 5 days in Proyecto Montezuma were not only so paradisaical, chill and relaxing, but also kinda busy with Spanish Class and Hiking, Surfing School and Zip-Lining. We were instructed by staffs of the Lodge who was so friendly and enthusiastic. And so do the chefs! Everyday Maki and Sarah made such the awesome meals for us - a group of 22 people. Especially in our last evening in Proyecto Montezuma, we were served a BBQ dinner and fire dance. That was the most impressed fire dance I've ever since. I am glad I have been there. If I have a chance, I would come to Proyecto Montezuma again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
travellikecrazy18, Manager at Proyecto Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Thanks for the review and we really hope you to come back and join us soon! Sarah and Maki thank you for the nice words about the meals too! Your group was so much fun! Come back and join us and thanks for nice review!

Reviewed March 27, 2013

I came here with some of my friends from school for a Spring Break trip and it was really fun. At night we hung out upstairs on the deck and during the day, if we weren't busy, we would relax on the hammocks over looking the ocean. The lodge has a great view and an excellent staff. Bill and kerri are so much fun. The chef and Sara were great too, amazing food. I had the best time of my life here and I wish I could do it all over again. My room was small and hot but you don't spend anytime in it except to sleep and shower so I am not even going to complain about it. I would stay at this lodge every time I came to Costa Rica. So much fun. Thank you Kerri and bill!!

• Stayed: March 2013

Your group was so much fun! We really hope to see you all back in paradise soon! Maki and Sarah thank you for the comment about the food too! Thanks for joining us in paradise and for the kind review!

Reviewed March 3, 2013

When I discovered that I could get my TEFL certificate while living on the beach in Costa Rica, I knew where I would be spending one month of the Canadian winter! I enjoyed living in the Proyecto Montezuma beach house and swimming every day in both the ocean and a lovely little fresh water pool just a couple minutes down the road. Kerri infuses the TEFL course with so much energy and enthusiam that I looked forward to my hours in class (which are held outside on the teraza, with a view of the ocean). My fellow classmates came from Canada, Germany and Italy and we bonded over lexical chunks and gallo pinto. :) We were able to put our theory into practice in a nearby elementary school and with adult students who came to the lodge for lessons. If you want to teach EFL or ESL, this is a perfect place to get certified!

Room Tip: The beach house is rustic, which is part of what makes it a fun place to live. The rooms on the second floor get better breezes but if you want your own bathroom, ask for a room on the ground floor. I stayed in the side room and grew to like it a lot.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank VillaStraylight

You are so great! Thanks for the great (and funny!) review! We love your title! It was a pleasure learning and growing with you in paradise! We wish you the best with your travels and in the future! Please come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I first stayed at the Proyecto Montezuma Lodge almost 2 years ago when I did my TEFL certification and of all the places i've stayed in Costa Rica, it is by far the best. The lodge is situated on the most beautiful part of the coast and is just steps away from the most amazing natural tide pools i've ever experienced. Kerri and Vil run the lodge as well as a nonprofit organization that provides locals of all ages with free english classes. They can set you up with anything from surf lessons to quad rentals all the while giving back to the community. I couldn't recommend a better place to stay than here as they made my trip a memorable one. And take advantage of the meal plans they offer. Their chef is amazing!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo

Thanks for the great review! You are right to comment on the chefs at Proyecto Lodge! We are so lucky to have Maki's Restaurant now at Proyecto Lodge.

New guests: Please inquire about breakfast and meal plan options! You will be glad you did!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Proyecto Montezuma is the most magical place I have ever stayed travelling. The location of the lodge right next to tide pools which are warm enough to swim in day and night makes it the perfect place to come and enjoy the natural beauty of Montezuma. Kerri and Bill, the couple that run the lodge, are one of the most incredible couples I have ever met. Kerri runs free English classes for the local residents and facilitates service opportunities for people who are interested who stay at the lodge. Bill is a street wise Tico, with a super calm and loving demeanor. They are incredible hosts and always look after the guests well. If you have the good fortune to end up at this guest house you can thank your lucky stars in the tide pools at night!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
3  Thank Beth A

Thanks Beth!
We hope to see you back in paradise soon to start the yoga vision!
Your energy and kind words really mean a lot to us!