All reviewsspanish lessonsnatural swimming poolcosta ricaplace to staya short minute walkpura vidavillteachersurfhostelticohammockstowntrailheadadventurenetssunrise
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The lodge sits on the most beautiful chunk of property in all of Montezuma area...private tide pools, beaches, large trees, beautiful wildlife...all in your backyard. Kerri & Vill are very laid back, kind, helpful people.......setting you at ease as soon as you arrive. You are a short walk from downtown Montezuma and an even shorter walk to the beautiful waterfalls Montezuma is so well known for. Another benefit of this lodge is it has both a kitchen and a washing machine for use which definitely helps cut down on expenses if need be. I could not recommend this place enough - a perfect retreat!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
travellikecrazy18, Manager at Proyecto Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2012

Thanks so much! Your support really helps us grow! Pura Vida!!

Reviewed August 19, 2012

My friend and I absolutely fell in love with the Proyecto Lodge at the moment we saw it !!!
First we really loved the location; we liked that its about 5 or 10 minutes walk from the village (more quiet). Its so calm during the night (the only thing we hear is the sound of the waves and of the animals around the house ! So nice !). Also, we just loved our private beach and private swimming pool :) ! If you like hiking, there are waterfalls in Montezuma and the trail begins maybe 2 minutes walk from the lodge !
Second, we loved how the lodge is made; big kitchen where you have everything to cook, very big rooms and bathrooms, large balcony, hammocks, big table outside, cute chillin areas ! We had everthing we needed.
But what we loved the most was Kerri, Vill and Zoe (the managers of the lodge) !!!! Generous, very nice and very helpful people !!!! They are awesome and always there to answer your questions with a smile !! They make you feel very confortable and safe and they make your staying in Montezuma so much better !!!
I cant wait to come back in Montezuma and sure if I do I will come back at the Proyecto Lodge ! :)

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 15, 2012

This place is all about the location and the people. Your garden is a beach and if you don't fancy getting sand in your pants - on the other side, there's rock pools to chill in once the sun has heated them up in the day (I've added a 'swimming pool' rating - this is why!!!).
The owners, Kerrie & Vill are so helpful and make you feel like you're part of the family instantly and will also sort out surf lessons (with guys who are simply amazing!), yoga, transport etc and also give good recommendations on where to eat / what to do etc.
In terms of the rooms - my boyfriend and I stayed in a ground floor private double with en suite. The room was basic - but clean. It had everything we needed but wasn't the most comfortable bed in the world and the heat was crazy while we were there. It's cold water showers, which is all you'd ever want there.
The facilities are good - with a well equipped kitchen and DIY laundry and wifi (doesn't always work though but that's a montezuma thing I think with random second long power cuts now and again!).
Location wise, it's c.5-10mins walk out of the centre of Montezuma, close to the waterfalls which was great for us.
In summary - I'd say that while the rooms aren't anything special - the beachside location, chillout areas filled with hammocks and people more than make up for it. I can't wait to get back!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple

Thanks so much! Just let us know when you are coming back!!!

Reviewed March 1, 2012

I stayed for about three weeks at the Proyecto Lodge and loved every bit of it. They have private rooms as well as dorm rooms to choose from. The location is a couple minutes walk from town which makes it very quiet with a beautiful private green garden facing the ocean. There is a direct access to a little beach and if you walk 3 minutes there is a freshwater swimminghole and the trail which takes you to the waterfalls.
Kerri and Vill, who run the Proyecto Lodge, are amazing and can organise everything from Spanish classes to surf lessons. The great thing it, that this place is a non-profit organisation and they use their income to teach English at local schools. And if you want to volunteer or teach English yourself you can do that as well.
So if you're looking for a place to relax where you can wake up to the sound of the waves this is a perfect spot!!! It's also great to meet new people if you're travelling alone. I'll definitely go back there!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 28, 2012

We had a great experience at Proyecto and stayed there for a full month. Cool hostel in a perfect location. The view is better than most five star resorts. Kerri and Vill are a great couple who will help with any information or recommendations. We were able to book tours for a discount too. I'd stay again in a heartbeat. You'll love the relaxed hippie vibe right on the beach. If possible, ask for an upstairs room.

• Stayed: January 2012