Review Highlights
Best Vacation Ever

At the end of our stay at Peak ‘n Swells Surf Camp, my ten year-old said, “This was the best... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
LYQ2000
via mobile
Wonderful Week!

We spent a week at Peaks n Swells Surf Camp over the 2019 New Year. The camp was superb. We had... read more

Reviewed January 7, 2019
Andrew J

All reviews video analysis daily yoga family style perfect family vacation active family fantastic week beer fridge fantastic hosts imperial beer watching videos favorite vacation costa rica whole family t shirts baby sea turtles two daughters green waves
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Made my 3rd surf, yoga, food and fun camp to Peaks N Swells on the Nicoya Penninsula's Montezuma in Puntarenas, Costa Rica...A truly authentic, athletic and wonderful trip back to see the expert surfing coaches, our Tico friends and host/owners Hilary and Ryan...Perfect surf conditions all week with our choice of 4 different breaks from beach, to point, to rock reef. Video analysis was a great help and a lot of laughs too..And our day of longboarding those chest high, long long waves was an unexpected highlight. Great family camp (we've been twice with the kids too) and for beginners to experts...see you again soon!

Date of experience: November 2013
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My trip to Peaks N Swells was one I will never forget. Peaks N Swells knows what surfing is about and it translates into everything they do. Healthy, delicious food, amazing surf coaching, Oceanside Yoga & much needed down time are the perfect balance. This family run business has a very warm and friendly vibe with a subtle drive to be the best. By the end of the week I was surfing with confidence and riding waves I would have never imagined I could. I left there with all the tools to continue learning. The coaching team has it figured out – perfect instruction, snacks at the surf, video analysis, pool time, social dinner time and let’s not forget the amazing food! I can’t say enough about this camp. I will be back and I highly recommend this trip to those that want to actually learn to surf (and be spoiled).

Date of experience: April 2013
1  Thank GDoe
Reviewed May 26, 2013

PNS was an amazing experience -incredible food, fantastic coaching, cozy/beautiful accomodations, yoga and amazing people!!! My surfing improved more than I ever imagined and I loved the extra feedback from the video analysis, photos and pool sessions. The staff are amazing and work very hard to make it an incredible experience. Best last minute decision we ever made.

Date of experience: May 2013
1  Thank Jax B
Reviewed May 24, 2013

PNS was the best decision I ever made. At first I was a little nervous about the price. But after the experience, I realize how worth it the camp really is, especially compared to what else is out there. at PNS everyone is professional, friendly, and very accommodating. My surfing coach was a natural teacher, and very inspiring. I was encouraged, and supported in the water, while trying to learn the difficult sport of surfing. I felt like we were taken care of, with trips to the ice cream shop, and homemade delicious meals that are healthy and delicious. Martin and Jem are quite the coaching team, and Hillary puts it all together with a warm smile on her face. Definitely go do PNS, I recommend it to my closest friends!

Date of experience: November 2012
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I went to the Surfer Girl Recharge after taking my family to Family Camp the year prior. Both were amazing experiences that we will never forget. However, the Surfer Girl Recharge was the shot in the arm needed to totally recharge! We spent the week in intense surf lessons, with video analysis, tons of photos, beach drills and the best waves. The coaching is unparalleled and you feel like you are hanging with local friends the whole week. You feel integrated into the whole experience, not just as a weekly visitor, goes much deeper than that. So you come out of the week having progressed amazingly no matter what your level, feeling like an accomplished and competent surfer. Plus all the other activities, including yoga, surf strength training, beach runs, massages, and fabulous healthy local food are just perfect. You come home with a new improved outlook on life, health and the world. The best of all worlds!

Date of experience: November 2012