“Serenity, joy” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Montezuma Yoga

Montezuma Yoga
More attraction details
Owner description: Beautiful Yoga Studio and Retreat Center with ocean view in the charming beach town Montezuma. only 5 minutes walking distance from town you will find our beautiful open air studio . Come and practice Anusara Inspired & Vinyasa Flow Yoga to the sound of monkeys, birds and the ocean. All of our instructors are highly trained and experienced, and you will get the attention you deserve. Special candlelight & live music classes on sunday evenings and donation yoga classes on saturdays with the proceeds supporting our local recycling project.We also host yoga retreats with international teachers and yoga teacher trainings as well as individual yoga vacation packages. Please refer to our website for more details and prices. We look forward to seeing you on the mat!
Los Angeles, California
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Serenity, joy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

My friend and I took a week off to spend at Hotel Los Mangoes doing the Montezuma yoga and surf retreat, and I HIGHLY recommend it for anyone who wants to decompress, unplug, reconnect to nature, and recenter. We started every morning doing 1.5 hour of yoga in a beautiful studio, open on all sides to nature and facing the ocean, taught by peaceful and knowledgable instructors. We then had delicious breakfast (included) that consisted of fresh fruit plates, frappuccino or fresh juice, coffee, and your choice of omelets, crepes, and more. Then we hiked 30-45 minutes through the woods and over beaches to surf for several hours with High Tide Surf School, and everyone there was able to stand up, even if it was their first time. We shared apples at breaktime, and hiked back to town where we'd stop and have gelato or a snack at Cafe Organico. Imagine doing just that, every day, for a week. The serenity I achieved will last me years to come, all thanks to Dagmar and her Montezuma Yoga and surf package!

Visited March 2014
3 Thank krk32
enjoylifenewyork, Owner at Montezuma Yoga, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Thank you so much, we are happy to hear your great feedback as we are always trying to improve the service to our guests :) we feel blessed to live in such an amazing place and happy to share it with people like you! Hope you will keep the warmth and memories of your visit for a long time and we'll meet again. All the best!

Ottawa, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing getaway! Great yoga for all levels.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

I visited Montezuma yoga March 2014. This was my first visit to Costa Rica and it did not disappoint. The town of Montezuma is beautiful and charming and you can get a lot of healthy food here. The beaches around town are absolutely amazing and there are many ways to pass your days. I was never bored. I would highly recommend taking the day trip to La Tortuga island- absolutely stunning beach location.

I would highly recommend paying a bit extra for a private bungalow as you get a nicer space and way more privacy. I stayed for one night in one of the main building's rooms and the noise from the upstairs rooms is just unbearable if you're a light sleeper like me. Overall the bungalows are clean and well cared for but understand that you are staying in somewhat basic and rustic accommodations. The bathroom is very dated and the hot water supply is iffy (however it was so hot, cool showers were just right at times). The rooms were cleaned each day and I never had any issues with my belongings. However, always utilize the safe in the room and actually lock the door with the key. Overall the hotel is just fine and you won't be spending much time in your room anyway. I found the staff and the owner very friendly and helpful. The hotel a short walk away where the breakfast is included in the yoga package is just stunning and is right on the ocean. The breakfast quality is quite high, you get good choices, and the food is fresh and delicious.

The yoga studio at the hotel is a beautiful open bungalow type structure with great ocean and garden views. By far the nicest location I've ever practiced at. The sounds of the ocean and the birds and animals really made it quite a surreal experience. All the instructors I had were super friendly and welcoming. I found the level of difficulty in the classes and the variety just right for all levels as more difficult poses were practiced and some inversion practice was also offered to those who wanted it. I found the quality of the instruction to be very high and I definitely left with new knowledge and a deeper appreciation for yoga. Beware it gets extremely hot in montezuma so bring a yoga towel and stay hydrated as you will be drenched every class. The massage offered in my package was amazing and quite relaxing.

Overall, I found the yoga package well worth the money and I would highly recommend it!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Banoon1984
thank you so much for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us! And yes, we totally agree, the bungalows are the way to go if you want to enjoy more privacy, but we are also happy to offer some budget rooms in the hotel. Glad you enjoyed the yoga classes, we always have mixed levels, so we offer modifications. I hope you will keep us in mind for your next trip and until then enjoy your nice memories! Thanks for choosing one of our yoga packages!!!! all the best!
Long Beach, California
“Peace and Serenity”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

Absolutely loved Los Mangos and Montezuma. Our bungalow was a perfect getaway, the yoga classes were inspiring, and Montezuma is the perfect town to relax in. Views of the ocean everywhere, sounds of birds and nature at all times. Every day we started with breakfast in paradise overlooking the ocean. Loved doing yoga in an open studio overlooking the pool and ocean. All the staff at Los Mangos were kind hearted and helpful. I'd recommend this retreat to everyone looking to rejuvenate their spirit. Do yoga, jump in the ocean, hike to the waterfall, and sit on the porch reading a book.

Visited February 2014
Long Beach, California
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

My girlfriend and I did a yoga retreat here and all of the yoga teachers are top notch. They really made us feel welcome from day one, and they each tailored the sessions so that both of us got a lot out of the sessions (since I am a beginner with yoga and my girlfriend is much more advanced). The setting is perfect overlooking the ocean with the sounds of nature all around. We loved the bungalows that we stayed in which have plenty of room and everything we needed. One of the best parts was being able to sit in the rocking chair or hammock on the porch and read a book while listening to the ocean and birds all around. We will definitely be back! Dave

Visited February 2014
New York City, New York
“The Perfect Yoga Retreat”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

I had high hopes for Montezuma Yoga Retreat, but it actually exceeded my lofty expectations. It was the perfect yoga retreat. Located in the charming, laid back, dynamic and artsy beach town of Montezuma, Dagmar runs a retreat that is rejuvenating, inspiring, relaxing, and nourishing. I wanted my vacation to be active, engaging, and relaxing all at the same time, and that's exactly what it was. I had the opportunity to take yoga twice a day, surf, hike breathtaking waterfalls, snorkel, horseback ride, swim in the beautiful ocean, eat delicious and healthy food, and meet like-minded people, who quickly became friends.

The yoga classes are very special, unique and varied. Some have live-music and candle lighting, which is extra special and cathartic. Others have the sounds of ocean and surrounding nature. They combine a good amount of physical exercise/movement with spirituality and the striving for love, light, compassion, acceptance, and understanding. I felt great about myself, my life, whoever it is I am, and whatever it is I've accomplished during the yoga sessions. The yoga classes elicit this positive stream of thoughts and emotions. It is days later and I am back home now still feeling that inner peace and joy, as the effects of the retreat penetrated and linger.

Visited January 2014
enjoylifenewyork, Owner at Montezuma Yoga, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Cheryl, thank you for your sweet review, it was a pleasure meeting you and seeing your smiles getting bigger every day...i am glad you found what you were looking for and hope the memories will linger with you for a very long time :) Wishing you the best and hope we meet again! with love Dagmar